Thread: how to hook up iPhone

how to hook up iPhone

I had to get a iPhone because I switched out from Microsoft to an iMac and it is easier to down load pics, that being said I used my old Samsung S8 to run into my Adcom preamp and listen to Pandora now and then unfortunately the new phone does not have a plug for that use. Am I going to have to get a tuner/preamp with bluetooth?

Ask your local kids

There is a $9 Apple "dongle" that turns the lightning jack into a headphone jack.

Or you can get one that splits into a headphone jack and a lightning jack for charging while you listen.

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

NICE!!!!!!! Thats what I am looking for.

Another LH’er was raving to me about how good this Bluetooth adaptor sounded in his system - If you don’t want to be tied down by leaving your phone at your system, add one of these...
    Name:  11B6A3CB-D411-4C69-8454-E69F4FD1CA63.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  51.8 KB
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Apple airport express

I use 2nd gen airport express boxes around my house to feed audio to different systems from my apple devices with the airplay function. You have to set them up with the apple airport utility (Mac or PC)

They also allows me to feed music from my iTunes library to all my airport boxes around the house for music distribution that is in sync. Have one for the back deck, living room, bedroom.

I find them used for 10-20 on craigslist. They can also function as wi-fi repeaters to extend your wifi network range. The first gen ones can't do that though, so check the version if you find one to buy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPort_Express
    C40/N400/150-4C/375/2397/2405/D123 (rear) + D208 - LE8T

Thread Information