Greetings to all, I have a new-to-me pair of Oracles that followed me home and I have some questions. As soon as I got them I had the 14s refoamed by the local speaker service, they needed it anyway, since the existing ones had completely separated from the cones. I was hoping there would be an improvement in bass response, but there was not, which leads me to my question. I have to turn the mid and high pads to about 1 or 2 to balance the lows. I did a rough exam with pink noise and a spectrum analyzer, and these units don't really have much output below about 100Hz. This can't be right, right? Any suggestions as to what to check or do next?

Also, I had a question about the serial numbers on the front tags. This isn't a matched pair, but still, one tag has the serial in white stamped print on the black tag which is what I would expect to see. The other has the numbers stamped into the foil tag as if with a typewriter, none exactly in a straight line. It's kinda suspicious looking. Was this style of marking for serials used as well, or is it possibly some kind of repro?