Thread: XPL-200 Stands/MTX200 on Ebay - quick story

XPL-200 Stands/MTX200 on Ebay - quick story

Chapter1:
    This listing pops up on Ebay Christmas eve (how fitting!): Listing says pics to come, stands missing one plastic corner piece.
    Price is kind of high, but when was the last time you saw a set for sale?

Name:  EbayListing.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  55.8 KB
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Chapter 2:
    Seller sends me pics (these are the seller's pics), and I buy them - yay!

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  155.6 KBName:  s-l1602.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  59.9 KB
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Chapter 3:
    10 days later, they still hadn't arrived, and Fedex tracking says they never left Georgia.

I call Fedex and put a trace on them.

Waited 2 weeks, still no luck.

Reported lost item to Ebay, seller refunded my $$.

Boo Hoo

Somewhere in a dumpster in Georgia, there's a pair of MTX200's waiting for you to find them...

Bummer, I need some grills for my XPL200's but they are as rare as the stands. I may have some made. I would do it but I can't cut 2 boards the same length.
    XPL 200's w DX1, XPL 160's, XPL 140's, L7's, L5's, L3's, L1's Homemade L Center, 4412's, 4406, L60T's, L20T's

Quote Originally Posted by HCSGuy View Post
    Chapter 3:
    10 days later, they still hadn't arrived, and Fedex tracking says they never left Georgia.

I call Fedex and put a trace on them.

Waited 2 weeks, still no luck.

Reported lost item to Ebay, seller refunded my $$.

Boo Hoo

Somewhere in a dumpster in Georgia, there's a pair of MTX200's waiting for you to find them...
    Twice I have been the shipper where the FedEx semi truck was in an accident. Packages were about half way to the destination and then days went by with out a tracking update.
    I ship with my own FedEx account and I needed to do all the leg work to find out what happened and get the claim going each time.
    In both cases they declared the entire truck load as destroyed, maybe, maybe not.

I wonder if they would have ever finally contacted me about the loss had I not started making phone calls.

Small world, I saw that ad for a few days and contemplated buying them. Looks like I took too long contemplating haha.

Quote Originally Posted by gferrell View Post
    Bummer, I need some grills for my XPL200's but they are as rare as the stands. I may have some made. I would do it but I can't cut 2 boards the same length.
    Yep, I could use some also. My pawn shop/thrift shop XPL200s had two severely battered and broken grilles, only one of which made it through four subsequent moves. I keep it as a mock up for the grills I'm going to "build one day," whenever that day may be. They're about # 257 on my list of to-dos. Gonna happen any day now...
    Out.

Thread Information