The best I've ever heard my 250TI's sound was with a Pioneer SX-1980 receiver which is underrated at 270wpc. Unfortunately one channel fizzed out so I sold it to someone willing to deal with it. (kind of regret that now)

I think I already know the answer to this but thought I would ask this forum your thoughts on using an Outlaw RR2160MKII receiver for the 250TIs. It's only a 110W@8ohms / 175@4ohms receiver but as I understand it's a great amp and has a decent phono stage.

Other options:

1. I have a Crown XLS2502 with 440wpc of Class D power, but lack a good preamp for it, so I could focus on finding a good pre like a Van Alstine or Parasound.
  2. There is a Harman Citation 7.1 amp available to me that can be bridged to run 2 channels at 450wpc, but it's from the mid-90's and likely to need a recap at some point, and I'd still need a good preamp.
  3. Quit screwing around and get a big iron Bryston, Krell, Mac, Levinson, Parasound, etc for more money than I'd like to spend but can buy once and cry once.

Sources are vinyl and digital.