Thread: New Synthesis dual 15 sub

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Synthesis dual 15 sub

DIY Array, 2242 sub, 4408, 4208, Control 8SR, E120 Guitar cab, Control 1, LSR305.

SCL-1 new flagship JBL loudspeakers

I was expecting a new K2 product (a prototype photo was posted last year) but it was replaced by the new flagship SCL-1

Quote Originally Posted by herve M View Post
    I was expecting a new K2 product (a prototype photo was posted last year) but it was replaced by the new flagship SCL-1
    With the current trend of spending more time at home, not going to concerts or movies, the custom install business has exploded at all levels and especially at the high end. Most wealthy clients don’t want Magico, Wilson, or large JBLs in their homes, but are willing to spend small fortunes on well designed home theaters where all the speakers and racks of equipment are fully concealed like in a commercial theater.

That said, in reviewing the specs for the JBL SCL-1, I am sure it is a fine speaker, but at deeper than 15” and $15K each, it doesn’t fit my needs. For the high budget rooms I will continue to use commercial theater products when I have 15” or more depth available and will continue to use Wisdom line arrays or others when depth is limited.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    With the current trend of spending more time at home, not going to concerts or movies, the custom install business has exploded at all levels and especially at the high end. Most wealthy clients don’t want Magico, Wilson, or large JBLs in their homes, but are willing to spend small fortunes on well designed home theaters where all the speakers and racks of equipment are fully concealed like in a commercial theater.

That said, in reviewing the specs for the JBL SCL-1, I am sure it is a fine speaker, but at deeper than 15” and $15K each, it doesn’t fit my needs. For the high budget rooms I will continue to use commercial theater products when I have 15” or more depth available and will continue to use Wisdom line arrays or others when depth is limited.

Widget
    Off topic a bit, but I remember Wisdom Audio’s large demo at CEDIA, maybe 2014, with 85k watts and about a 20’ diagonal screen. Best show demo I’ve heard - I went through it three times in a row before I realized my ears were absolutely shot, but I hadn’t noticed how loud it was because there was zero distortion. Very impressive

I agree with Widget - the market for high end, hidden theater speakers, installed through the custom install channel is much better than the market for DD67000’s in a theater. Unfortunately, most CI guys I know are pretty loyal to the speakers they use, and JBL hasn’t proven to be a very loyal partner in return
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

I wonder if that horn will be available as a part...

Thread Information