Ok, so, I've had the M/HF sections of a 3632 and 4632 sitting here for a few years and I'd like to do something with them. As I've only got (1) of each, I really can't set them up and hear them for myself to decide if it's something worth while - 3632 is a dual mid, while the 4632 is a quad mid setup.

I've been using a pair of 2384 guides with 2447/2451SL on top of single 2251J for a while and I've been very happy with this.

I've now moved to a new place and have more room, and as I just had to move these things again, it's re-sparked an interest to do something with them.

3732 mid waveguides appear to be available and affordable, so my thought was to buy a couple of them and use the parts from my 3632/4632 to complete a pair of 3732 mid sections. The mid drivers in all 3 are the 165H. I'd likely keep the HF section I've been using, or I might use the older guides with 2226s. The system is fully active, so there's no issues with crossovers.

That leads to the question...what do 3732s sound like? Is this likely to be an improvement over the 2251J? I keep reading how incredible horn/waveguide loaded mids are, are they?

Thanks.