Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Amazing HiFi collection

Classic Audio Store

Hello Guys

Now as far as volunteering I will be glad to help in anyway possible since I am pretty familiar with the area close to Tokyo. I lived in a small little city outside Tokyo called Sagamihara which houses an OLD Nissan factory and the Warehouses for the US Military. Every time I went to the Depot I saw a building with all these Classic names in Audio. One early afternoon I ventured inside and MAN I saw more in that little store than in lot of so called audio shops in the US. Inside this small store was more product per square foot than in all the ports that I have ever visited when I was in the Military including Singapores Adelphi Mall, Hong Kong and Korea. They were my favorite places to look at audio. When I first entered the Military I purchased through the Exchange which had an incredible selection of the very best from all the Japanese and American manufacturers, but those times are long gone. Well getting back to the store inside were 3 EMT Turntables, 2 JBL Hartsfields, 1 EV Patrician, 10 Mcintosh 275, and 2 blue colored LE15s that said NOT FOR SALE. An OLD Mcintosh Professional Amp and a Record cutting machine as well as a cabinet full of Mcintosh Tubes. This type of store is not a rarity in Japan since there is a huge following of the Classic speakers and Electronics. This store advertises regularly in StereoSound magazine.

Kevin

Jupiter Audio

Steve

That sounds like it must be Jupiter Audio, probably the worlds ultimate vintage Hi Fi shop. They have another shop in Akihabara too.

Andy

Thread Information