Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
looks nice ...
for foam, I just went through old packing boxes and found some pliable, but firm open cell foam that was older, but didn't seem to deteriorate at all.

the hardest part (for me) was getting all those blades inserted and hoping "the plinth" would not break or crack ... seems like you did fine. .... I like to mark 'the plinth" and the mag with a marker in the same spot when separating so to get correct (original) orientation when reassembling.

OH, and don't forget to blow out (with compressed air) the gap , sure some foam dust got in there ... can see in your pic.
Hi, and thanks again guys ! Good idea, I must have some old foam somewhere. Matress foam, maybe?
Next one I'll use less/narrower leverage and more patience, even if it worked out without breaking. The double sided tape will let go, eventually. It is beginning to deteriorate too, btw (made 1987). The rear of the plinth may need some cleaning, the tape isn't sticky anymore. I'll post a pic of the rear too when I can take one. I did mark orientation just like you, and will do the dust job once I get my compressor out of storage . But the tricky part is done, - couldn't have done it without the help I found here.

For reassembly I intend to follow described procedure: put som guides in the screwholes and lower into position using the guides. Since the tape isn't that sticky anymore, I wonder if I should replace it? The cleaning may be difficult/risky near the coil, and I wonder if extra tape may put it out of position?