Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL DX-1 Active Crossover

DX-1 Cards

I have some cards for the DX-1 if anyone needs them. I don't know what they are for but I used the two that were for the XLP-200's and these are different. Name:  DX-1 Cards.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  144.8 KB
    XPL 200's w DX1, XPL 160's, XPL 140's, L7's, L5's, L3's, L1's Homemade L Center, 4412's, 4406, L60T's, L20T's

Here is the printed side of the boards. If anyone knows what they are for chime in.
    Name:  DX-1 Cards printed side.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  165.6 KB
    XPL 200's w DX1, XPL 160's, XPL 140's, L7's, L5's, L3's, L1's Homemade L Center, 4412's, 4406, L60T's, L20T's

That's one Low and one HF board. The one with the opamp layout the LF The cards for the XPL-200 are very simple. I would definitely be interested I could bi-amp my 1400 Arrays. Tried it with a project board but could never get it to work or understand why it didn't.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

I am not a DX-1 expert, but my memory from old posts is that there are two different types of cards, correct? The simple, symmetrical LF and HF cards for the XPL-200/200A, and the asymmetrical ones that were used for the K2-S5500, 9500 etc. GFerrell’s pics do not look like the cards for XPL-200s. If you are interested in sending me a blank one of each, I can pursue having them reproduced and can return them to you if you like.

Rob, are you trying to bypass the internal LF/MF crossover on your arrays, or is your plan an additional crossover cascaded onto them? I would be interested in how it turns out, as I am passively bi-amping mine know, so it’s an easy upgrade.

Unfortunately, this isn’t getting the OP any closer to a DX-1. Btw, I think the last one I saw sold for about $700, correct? I remember that guy in Hong Kong that paid $2k for one as well. Yikes!
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

I would be happy to work with both of you. I need to correct something though. Somehow I posted the picture twice. I only have two of the cards on the right (one with resistors on it) and 3 of the cards on the left. I'm not after money, just glad to help.

I would be interested in having some correct blank cards-- like a few sets.
    "Audio is filled with dangerous amateurs." --- Tim de Paravicini

Rob, are you trying to bypass the internal LF/MF crossover on your arrays, or is your plan an additional crossover cascaded onto them? I would be interested in how it turns out, as I am passively bi-amping mine know, so it’s an easy upgrade.
    That would be the plan to do an active bi-amp. Greg was kind enough to work it out so a schematic is available in the System Section in the Tech Library. There are 2 types or cards. I missed he said he used the XPL cards!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Wow, very cool, Rob! I guess that would be the ultimate, adapt a DX-1 to the 250. No beginners task, for sure. Two resistors and cap is my max soldering level. Wouldn't know the meaning of much in LEAP, I'm afraid. Regarding subs, I sorta considered cloning the B460 or 380, but my room is just too small. Never seen an original of either for sale, quite rare. Love those big woofers! But fun, yes . I feel I fixed some issues I've had too. They have a little 125hz bump, giving a little too much meat on some vocals, nice to straighten out. I'm considering putting the tiny class D amps inside the baffle, they are so small and it would reduce the clutter. Heat from class D is low... Btw, I found a dbx 234XL on the auction site, NOS at low price. Not sure why, but specs looks better than the newer XS model? I may take a chance of one, if I can endure the wait from China...

Even Greg Timbers called the 4345 "fun" because of that big 18

If ever you can find/create the space, I highly recommend the 2245. I've got two B460 clones and they pound, the best bass I've heard yet below 100hz. I haven't been able to bottom 'em out either. Not that I actively try, as that sound is rather soul crushing, but it was an issue for me with every other 12" JBL I've had.

Thread Information