Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4350/55 thread

PSS AUDIO
    Hi,

I have 2 LE15A and may have the opportunity having two others in mint condition.

Do you have any experience with Le15a in 4350/55 speakers instead of the original 2231/5?

I hope to read your opinion about it.

I have used a pair of LE15As on each side in several systems. I hadn't completed my 4355 clones when I was using them. (Well they are still not finished aesthetically.)

I upgraded to the 2235Hs and sold off my LE15As. I like deep tight bass, the LE15As were quite rolled off below 40Hz. I find both woofers have very good transient response, and a powerful and tight low end sound quality that I like. I definitely prefer the deeper response of the 2235H.

If you really are listening to your 4350s shoe horned into the corners of that small room, you may want less low bass, but I am only guessing here. I obviously have not heard your room.

hosee
    I bought a pair of 4350s in 1973 ( I think), I still own them and only one speaker (tweeter) has been moved in the cabinet for better separation. I don't drive them very hard but use a alesis matica 900 to drive the woofers and a Hafler 500 to drive the rest. Seems to do ok but I still use a 15" JBL powered sub with them. I remember vividly at a friends house (who turned me on to the 4350s at the time) who had 2 pairs of 4350s (gray cabinets) in a 20 x 20 room and was playing around with some subsonic signals with an oscilloscope. You couldnt hear the sound but you could feel it. Around 1 or 2 in the morning (I was a lot younger) we went upstairs to the kitchen to get a cold coke and happened toobserve the ceiling and the sheet rock screws had backed out about 1/2 inch. We were both very surprised and he swore that they were not backed out before this session.
    This same friend helped me build a center channel using a 2202, 375 and 2405 which is triamped. It sounds pretty good to me and very crisp. I don't have as much room in the present house but they still sound good. Between my speakers, my friend, and his brother in law, there are 4 pairs of 4350s and they all sound good in different settings.

PSS AUDIO
    What is the 0 dB setting for the 2405 as I have no plate on my 4350 speakers?

The potentiometer rotates from 5'oclock (minimum) to 2 o'clock (maximum) ...

Hey, Yuri...

I don't know if this will help, but here's the L-pad for the 4345, with that for the 2405 at the top:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

PSS AUDIO
    Originally posted by boputnam
    Hey, Yuri...

I don't know if this will help, but here's the L-pad for the 4345, with that for the 2405 at the top:
    Hi,

In such a case it means that the 0 dB setting would be at 9 o'clock?

Obsolete

4350 Foilcal

Original 4350 foilcal

Originally posted by PSS AUDIO
    In such a case it means that the 0 dB setting would be at 9 o'clock?
    Hey, Yuri...

Not exactly. Mount it so that mid-way is at 12:00 high - that is, if it's like the L-pad in the 4345.

Hey, Giskard - let us see the rest of the cabinet! What color are those compliance, anyway...?
    Last edited by boputnam; 10-15-2003 at 10:22 AM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Obsolete
    "So, Giskard - let us see the rest of the cabinet! What color are those compliance, anyway...?"

They are that goofy beige colored chips-a-hoy crap

These pictures were taken from somewhere. I've long since forgotten where. Maybe they were on eBay? I'm sure someone else on the forum has them too.

Originally posted by Giskard
    They are that goofy beige colored chips-a-hoy crap
    Ha! That, is a keeper!!

Now what the heck did they do to mount the 2405? Ain't that a 2402 bracket there, on the outside? Whoa...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Those pictures were from an Ebay auction. I grabed them too. Rare beast that they were.

Rob

That pair was from e-bay. It was down the peninsula from me and I went and saw the speakers. I took a pile of photos of them myself and subsequently misplaced them.

The guy got around $5K for the pair, he told me he paid $1K and was just turning them over. I saw him before the auction ended, I am sure he was very pleased with the out come. They were really beautiful, chips-a-hoy and all.

soundhd

My 4350B's

Mine are pretty much "stock"...........had the 15's reconed when I first got the speakers, upgraded the speaker wiring and replaced the biding posts with modern hi-end gold plated connectors, and purchased a new pair of crossovers that JBL was selling a couple years ago in one of their wharehouse sales.............
    It's like being in "Audo Heaven"............

Hey...

First, post some pics, OK...? That avatar's one heck of a tease...

And, if you've not, you might think about putting new diaphragms in those 2440's. I re-diaphragmed my 2421B's, and the improvements were audible. There are others here who have opined that diaphragms get either brittle, or fatigued, over time. We argue about which it is, but "strengths of materials" study suggests either-way, new ones are .
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

soundhd

Smile

Where do I post photos in this site? I have some photos on audiokarma.org but can find anywhere here to post any......
    tried to put a link to those photos but it would not work when I tried it......
    Last edited by soundhd; 01-29-2004 at 09:36 AM.

Thread Information