Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C50 and 4320

C-50 vs. 4320

So, to not let this thread get too long, My speakers do have LE-15A speakers with an Le85 driver, but the network is marked LX-13 and frequency dividing 1323. 8 ohms.
    Just as I get interested in old local finds, the wife is making me go on two week vacation at noon today I wonder if I could get a quick respnse, so as to leave with a little less anxiety.

Thank you all very much!
    Bill

The LX13 is the Consumer designation for the 3110. This would tend to put it in the 4320 camp... but I am guessing it is a 4320 that was made before the Pro Series was created and therefore before the 43XX designation system had evolved.

Widget

First off, your system is definitely a 4320. George Augspurger invented the pro numbering scheme in 1968 at the same time as the 4320 was introduced. It likely took JBL some time to change all of the labeling on their components after adopting the new numbering system. It is very likely that they had not yet gotten around to using the new numbers on your components. Therefore, I would suggest that you have one of the earlier 4320's made.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

The woofer clamps may have been added later? My 4325's and pictures I have seen of the 4320 have the woofers mounted with screws. Wonder when the clamps were introduced?

Clamps...

I removed a Blue LE15A from a C50SM and it had woofer clamps. The blue version would put it at '61-'62.

Widget

Thread Information