I have an opportunity to acquire an Altec Lansing 421-8h Series ll bass guitar speaker, damaged with a frozen cone. Cost for me to buy is negligible, but it appears it won't be inexpensive to repair. I'd like to get a little more information before I commit to the project.....

I don't know what the impedance should be. Does the -8h indicate an 8 ohm speaker? Also, is there a significant difference in speakers designated as Series II or is that just an indication of early or later production?

It sounds like the cost to repair will be about 175.00 plus probably about 30.00 shipping each way, so it'll end up costing me about 250.00 in total. I haven't been able to find any online, so I have no idea how that compares with current market value. Any thoughts on this?

I'm currently using a pair of JBL D130F speakers with my guitar amp because the wattage dictates a need for two speakers. The Altec Lansing shows online as a 150 watt driver, so it would allow me to downgrade to a single speaker. The portability aspect makes the Altec a very attractive prospect to me.

Any insights you can offer are appreciated.