Thread: HLS 615's?

RIP 2009

HLS 615's?

'Anyone have any experience with the HLS series? Is $50 for a pair of HLS 615's worth it to toss into a guest bedroom, or should I wait for something else? ($50 is my limit for that room right now.) They're kinda mini-towers - 6-1/2" LF and one of those kinda "flat" constant directivity horns on the HF - I like the fact I wouldn't need stands.

BTW - good ol' Dad gave me another $100 bill for Christmas this year - I plan on sending it to that lady that sold me the 4315's to match the other one, (last year's gift from Dad...).

(That CD is not to scale in the pic - they're actually 31-3/4 x 8-5/16 x 9-7/16.)

John
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up Good guy

John if you run for President I would vote for you if i could. Hey and your name is nice as well!!!

For $50, they're a good buy. HLS 610 and 615 received good reviews when they were introduced as having "got it right."

You're not gonna shake the house with them, but they're quite listenable at low to moderate levels.

I home auditioned them and the 8" version for a friend's TV room. The 6's were better balanced.

You'll probably want to supplement them eventually with a cheap sub.

Look up reviews via Google.

Thumbs up

As I recall, the entire HLS line was underappreciated until JBL discontinued it. Then everyone cried, "NO! Why?" Good for the $$$.
    Out.

Thread Information