Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcintosh MC2500 Amp to drive the 4430?

Mcintosh MC2500 Amp to drive the 4430?

I just wondered if the Mcintosh MC2500 Amp would match the 4430?
    Have any of you guys tried that amp with JBL studio monitors?
    Jan-Thore

Not only would it match it will sound great!

rgrjit8
    Oh, ye of little faith.

The JBL/McIntosh pairing has been the ultimate combo for decades.
    I recently replaced an Adcom 5800 for a Mac 2300 on the low end of my 4355s. It was like adding an entire octave of sound to the low end. Where the Adcom had sought to merely get by with overcautious handling, like female drivers, the Mac made those woofers its bitches. There is now tightness and control to the bass that I hadn't known was possible.

I think you're in for a thrill!

I'm using an MC300 with my 4430. Great sound

should work great, I had my 4430's ( sold'em to audiobeer last year) hooked up to a MC402 ( 400 watts per side) and it really sounded good. it had a "fullness" that I really enjoyed and couldn't get with any other type of amp ( all mac's worked great - the bigger the better)

Mac's ( 300 and bigger) seem to make a good match to the 4430's ( IMHO)

enjoy

MC-2500 with JBL's

I’m using a McIntosh MC-2300 (300 watts per channel) that I purchased in 1977 for sound reinforcement work to power my JBL L220’s and it sounds great.

I also have a Carver M1.5t that is rated at 350 watts per channel which sounds almost as good as the Mac in the mid and high end but the bass control is no contest, the Mac is a lot better. The deep tight base that my L220’s can produce with the Mac is incredible. Enjoy the MC-2500.

Heath

Unfortunately, the 2500 was sold from under me, called 10 min. to late
    The McIntosh 2500 is an amp seldom seen in these parts of the wood, som I'm a bit p#ssed now . But thanx for the feedback, you guys
    My latest object of interest is the Electrocompaniet ECI-1 (norwegian amp.).
    2x100W, dual mono.
    Jan-Thore

Quote Originally Posted by CarlHungus
    Unfortunately, the 2500 was sold from under me, called 10 min. to late
    Darn....well next time you'll know to jump on them fast...you don't see those often.. better luck next time..

But as I said ANY MAC ( 300 or over) will work great...the bigger the better. I always wanted to try a 2500 but never had the chance..

Good luck

Carl - talk to Frank Gow at www.audioclassics.com and pick up a NOS MC352 or better yet some NIB monoblock 501's or 1200's. I bought the 352 and found them to be nice folk with good followup, great prices. These amps would all blow away that little 2500 guy. Might give you a hernia lifting the 1200's at 185# ea though the 352 and 501's are flyweights at only 110# or so once out of the 30# boxes. And you would need a new rack cuz they are a mite large. Great controlled and rich sound from the 352 and tho I would like the larger monoblocks the 352 is safer on the ears. My wife doesn't even like it turned up. And Mac's newish soft clipping circuitry and power sentry really do eliminate nasty sounds and speaker damage when these puppies deliver up to maybe 50% over rated power. And the blue meters are way cool. You would not regret it.
    - Roy

Quote Originally Posted by CarlHungus
    I just wondered if the Mcintosh MC2500 Amp would match the 4430?
    Have any of you guys tried that amp with JBL studio monitors?
    Jan-Thore

Hmmm. It might be ok.......

Are you kidding, they are a very nice amp. Had a 2300 for a couple of years and was sorry to let it go.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by remusr
    Carl - talk to Frank Gow at www.audioclassics.com and pick up a NOS MC352 or better yet some NIB monoblock 501's or 1200's. I bought the 352 and found them to be nice folk with good followup, great prices. These amps would all blow away that little 2500 guy. Might give you a hernia lifting the 1200's at 185# ea though the 352 and 501's are flyweights at only 110# or so once out of the 30# boxes. And you would need a new rack cuz they are a mite large. Great controlled and rich sound from the 352 and tho I would like the larger monoblocks the 352 is safer on the ears. My wife doesn't even like it turned up. And Mac's newish soft clipping circuitry and power sentry really do eliminate nasty sounds and speaker damage when these puppies deliver up to maybe 50% over rated power. And the blue meters are way cool. You would not regret it.
    - Roy
    I bought a refurbished Mc-2125 from these people and they are great! Nice people, and HONEST!

Great to deal with, prices arent cheap, but not over inflated either, and their amps perform to spec or better, they are the Mc people.

scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by remusr
    - Roy
    thanx for the tips, I have just visited the website and those Mc babies sent shivers down my spine I guess I have seen the light, McIntosh or bust
    I am now looking into an 6900 integrated amp for sale here in Norway.
    I know It's probably a "lightweight" by McIntosh standard, but maybe it will be adequate, as I live in a condo...
    Jan Thore

If you end up buying from audioclassics, or any other place in the US you must make sure it runs 220V....
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

check also here

http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/

I've bought some MCIntosh item here and they are very nice and professional
    Of course they can modify to runs 220v

korgroenewoud
    If you end up buying from audioclassics, or any other place in the US you must make sure it runs 220V....

That' s no problem. They convert the units all to the tright voltage. They have a lot of expertise of Mcintosh overthere. I bought all my Mcintosh stuff there. I visited this company last year. They invited me at the Mcintosh factory. I had a tour there. It was a great time

Thread Information