Hello

Curious about others experiences with these drivers. I got a big surprise when I started listening to my 476Mg's that I didn't expect. I have 2435's in my 2 other horn/waveguide systems and was a bit shocked by the differences. The 476's are so relaxed and the dynamics are really impressive. I guess it goes back to "explosive waveforms" in the old JBL advertising.

I am really curious if any of the M2 clone users have compared any of the 2450 family of drivers to the new 2430 driver and what their impressions were of any differences. It seems with these newer drivers they are optimizing them to crossover higher and extending the upper frequency response to well above 20K. The 2450 family seem to have better LF ability and reserve looking at measurements. So they are actually a bit opposite bandwidth wise.

So if surface area is the key to this difference how does it show up in head to head listening differences. I have never heard a 2430 driver so I am at a loss and wonder if there are differences like I hear with the 3" drivers I have been listening to for years.

Rob