I have built a couple of 4350 sized boxes for 2x2216 that I was thinking of veneering. They are made of 15mm birch plywood with an outer shell of 22mm MDF. I have never veneered anything so far

I've read as much as I've been able to find online and watched videos on Youtube that describe how to do but have some questions left that I hope someone here can help me with.
I'm going to use paperback veneer and Titebond II glue and attach the veneer with an iron. The front, back and bottom will be painted so it is the sides and top that will be veneered. On the front I will use edge banding on the edges.

My first question is in what order to do this? First edgebanding, then veneer the sides and last veneer the top? I've seen different opinions on this on the net.
Should I put glue on the veneer or only on the box? Some people warn that the glue warps the veneer making it a harder job to get everything even etc. Others seem to think that glue along the edges of the veneer is the right way to go and some just glue the complete surface and seem to be able to to handle the occasional warped veneer ...

What usually goes wrong when veneering with this method? What should I look out for?

Thankful for any feedback regarding this!

Best regards and stay healthy!