Hey all - first post here.

I'm slowly gathering parts to build some 4355's and have collected a bunch of goodies so far, and it's obviously getting expensive. One of the hurdles is getting hold of some 2235H's with original voicecoils. 2235H's come up but with either rotten/torn foam or they've been re-coned with unknown aftermarket VC's - or they've been thrashed and are half dead anyway - so I'd like to re-cone whatever I find with some original kits anyway with proper JBL edge-wound VC's, which are about $250 a pop. With second hand questionable 2235H's going for around $300-$350 a go, that's a lot when you factor in all 4 + recone kits.

Anyway - I've seen on here that the 2235 and 2225 are the same basket and motor, with the only difference being the mass ring and cones which all come in the JBL kits. I found some decent looking 2225J's for $300 for 4 - so figured I can save myself a few bucks. My question is - I figure the only difference between the H and J would be the voicecoil impedance, and the magnet strength/flux and gapping etc would be identical throughout the line - but am I right on that? I'm a purist to a point - like I can get over the sticker on the back of the motors being wrong, but I want these to be absolutely technically correct 2235H's.

Thanks in advance.