Thread: Praise for the L1!

Praise for the L1!

I have had L1's in my bedroom system for about three years. I listen to them every night before I go to sleep. I recently gave the L890's to my son-in-law for work done around my house. Now what? I dug out some old heavy duty stands from the shed. A little black spray paint and they look almost like new. Pulled the L1's out of the bedroom cabinet. They are in pretty good shape cosmetically but the grills were badly faded. Took some flat black spray paint to just the grills and they turned out great! A little black shoe polish to the cabinets and they were living room ready. While I had the spray paint out, I taped the top and bottom silver color trim pieces on the Venue Sub-10's grill. I painted the grill portion black, it was also silver, which increased the look of the sub a whole bunch! Even my wife said it looks much better! Hooked them up to a Yamaha surround receiver, RX-V800, which I got at a pawn shop for $125.00 and I was totally amazed! The combination of the L1's with the low end assistance from the Sub-10 is truly amazing! I may never go back to towers? I think the L1 is a true bargain and one bitchin' little monitor! I am considering looking for two more pair and doing surround sound. Total cost for this modest system, $450 including the 300 disc Sony changer with outboard DAC. Great sound for little money!

The L1 is an nifty little speaker. I just hope there's a way to save the whole L Series (1990s) line up since the drivers are getting scarce and cannot be reconed.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    The L1 is an nifty little speaker. I just hope there's a way to save the whole L Series (1990s) line up since the drivers are getting scarce and cannot be reconed.
    Another reason to find an additional pair or two. I thought the 035ti tweeters were still available from JBL? I assume from your post, the mid drivers are long out of production.

Yeah, the 704G, 706G, 708G, and LE120H-1 woofer are the ones I'm referring to.

For the L7, you can still get the 704G, and for all the L Series the 035TiA is available.

For everything else:

This part is discontinued with no substitutes available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

RIP 2009
    I have a single L1 available, if anyone's interested, (center channel?)...

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    I have a single L1 available, if anyone's interested, (center channel?)...

John
    Hey John,

PM sent!

If Oznob doesn't work out I am looking for 1 L1 also...

Mark

Thread Information