Thread: Looking for Technican that is able to install external horn for JBL 4350 /Los Angeles

Looking for Technican that is able to install external horn for JBL 4350 /Los Angeles

I am currently trying to install an external horn with the HL88 for the JBL4350 locally here in Los Angeles , Hoping to see if there are
    people on the board that can point me to the right directions, thank you all for the help : ) Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 1.15.10 AM.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  64.4 KB

What is your goal? Or, what are you trying to achieve with this modification?

For example, are you trying to get a particular vintage type of sound? Are you trying to get a more accurate speaker with a more neutral frequency response? Are you trying to get a more controlled dispersion for better imaging? Or, something else?

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by jbldd6600 View Post
    I am currently trying to install an external horn with the HL88 for the JBL4350 locally here in Los Angeles , Hoping to see if there are
    people on the board that can point me to the right directions, thank you all for the help : )
    Hi jbldd6600,

What would be the 'benefit' of using such large horn instead of the short internal 2311 horn, as the crossover frequencies are something about 1200Hz / 8000Hz. Not to mention the influence of the horn length.

Regards
    Ivica

Is that your equipment in the picture? Quite a selection of gear. Nice 4350s!

If the goal (as I expect, given the stack of amps) is to try these mid horn/drivers out to "see what the mystique is about" that has been attributed to these horns, particularly upon a C55 cabinet, I sort of get it.

So, something more than using the existing crossover (stock or otherwise) and wiring up the HL88 systems?
    (which would likely be interesting, if non-optimal). As has been asked, what are you looking to have done?
    ... and what part of Los Angeles?

Best regards.

I'm not seeing much real estate on the baffle that would allow an optimal positioning.
    Regardless of how neatly the woodwork was done it would have a serious impact on the value of the original system.

Sorry for raining on your parade. The way you have it now is probably best acoustically..

Interesting, ... in my read, I hadn't even considered the notion of installing them -into- the cabinets.
    That would be tragic. I don't think that was the question (hopefully).
    I thought it was more along the lines of integrating them (as shown on top) into the system vs the 2311/2440, or in addition to, or ... ???
    Perhaps we'll find out

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Interesting, ... in my read, I hadn't even considered the notion of installing them -into- the cabinets.
    That would be tragic. I don't think that was the question (hopefully).
    I thought it was more along the lines of integrating them (as shown on top) into the system vs the 2311/2440, or in addition to, or ... ???
    Perhaps we'll find out
    Original post says "trying to install an external horn", so I assume your interpretation is the correct one. We may never know unless the one-post member returns.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thread Information