First, sorry for the bad pics - they'll get better, but I wanted to get this started (I also realize there is none with the projection screen down, so I'll remedy that next set). Second, I am master of few things, but one of them is getting project ideas, then buying the stuff (especially tools) needed to do the project, but am not so good at the last stretch, so although I am trying to get work done on this room, now that Spring has sprung, my time is mostly taken up outside clearing brush, and soon working on sprinklers and irrigation. Finishing this room may take a pause until next winter, but it is at least up and running in a basic, un-EQ'd form for now. First batch of acoustic panels arrived today, so I'm going to start mounting them maybe this evening.

Speakers are Widget's old 1400 Array towers (which my wife thinks look funny, but understands she has no say over), his old 880 Array center, DIY line source surrounds, and currently just the one HB5000 subwoofer, with its 120v to 100v transformer as seen in the pic. My intent was to do 4 subs, and the room is wired for them, but I'm not sure yet how exactly they will be implemented. We have maxed the HB5000 out a few times on really low passages, even at reasonable volume levels, so more is definitely needed. Not really visible, but in the pic to the left of the couch, currently holding movies, is a
Array sub, which looks really good with the other Arrays, though I just got it moved up to that room and haven't listened to it yet. I don't have 4 of these, so if I go that route I'd have to wait for more to pop up on the market. Also, my plan had always been to run the subs passive, so purchasing a 1500 Array and then running them passive seems like a waste of money, but we'll see. I do not have electrical service in the room for 4 or them, so they would have to be passive - I'm done running wires.

My goal in doing the room was to use as much of the equipment I already had, and purchase as little as possible, so compromises had to be made. Screen is a plain old matte white 120" 16x9 screen, which I'm still conflicted over. The room is only 14' wide, which leaves 28" on each side of the screen batten when it is down. I had hoped to be able to wheel in other speakers to play with, but that's not enough room for many of the larger ones, unless they're up against the side walls, which will not work. So, I am going to be moving speakers in, listening to them, and probably selling of quite a few of them. Also, the screen is not acoustically perforated, and barely clears the LCD TV, so the center speaker has to go down below. Again, this works, but I would have liked to get the center speaker higher.

I'll provide more spec's as the build continues, but here's the short of it. Emotiva RMC-1 processor, Bryston 9BSST running the center and bi-amping the 1400 Arrays, (3) Crown CT's running the surrounds and Atmos height speakers, and a Crown iTech5000 sitting in the rack waiting for passive subwoofers. Room has (3) dedicated circuits; (1) 20A-120v for the Bryston and Crown CT's,
(1) 20A-120v for the sources, processor, and projector/LCD, and (1) 20A-240V for the iTech5000.

Gotta get back to work, but (queue Ahnold), "I'll be back!"

Name:  MediaRmFront1.1.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  59.8 KBName:  MediaRmRear1.1.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  49.9 KB