Hi Widget,

I had a similar situation with audio visitors.

One guy bought over a $500 rca interconnect. Only he could hear a difference and went red faced when the majority said they could not here a difference with the stock cable my Luxman 105U CD play came with. That was actually very good CD player in its day but not hi end.

It is one of those things. I made a diy cable once with flat copper ribbon wrapped in Teflon plumbers tape when that style of cable was popular. Of course l thought it sounded great...Lol.

Making your own interconnect is not difficult btw.

Hey, l saw a Blow Torch preamp on Audiomart recently. You might use exotic cables with that.

I am thinking (Only thinking) about getting an Aurender A10. How much should l spend on the power cable and interconnect? Lol.....

I left all that once l started building discrete class A preamps. The particular transistor, Fet or Jfet used has a much more audible influence on the sound. I serviced a 50 watt Sae power amp years ago. One channel was blown. I ended up replacing all the transistors with modern equivalent parts. According to the owner it sounded way better. It was one of the cleanest most detailed amps l have heard.