Got my L220, they replaced my old 4311b and I love the sound, so very different, you can tell they move much more air...

My listening room is very small, they are tied to a push pull of KT88 (50ish Watts, I know they are not much and that JBL prefers solid state but that's what I have and, as of now, I have to make the best of what I have) and an AR SP9 preamp, sources are mainly, not to say exclusively, digital through a Beresford Caiman SEG DAC which decodes lossless music off a MacMini, there also is a Sony CD-X505ES CD player and a Michell Gyrodec MKI but they see little to no use.

The distance between speakers is little less than 5' and they are a mere foot off the back wall with 2-3 feet off the side walls, my listening position is by the apex of a triangle whose height is about 7'.

I plan to start and update the crossovers with new caps because I imagine that after about 40 years or such they are not working by the expected specs but in the meanwhile I'd like to understand how should they be arranged to broaden the scene, in first instance, when I took them home and after replacing the suspensions off the passive radiators I had them further off the rear wall and closer to the listening point to almost form a perfect equilateral triangle and I can tell that voices were coming from behind the speakers (depending on the kind of music and quality of the recording), does anybody have direct experience with these speakers placement?

Grazie

Giovanni