Thread: New To Me JBL 4350 Clones Almost.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New To Me JBL 4350 Clones Almost.

Just last Saturday, my wife and I made the trek from Fort Wayne to southern Indiana to get a pickup truck load of vintage JBL speakers. This was from an estate sale and I've been patiently waiting for about 8 weeks to complete the deal. I came back home with a total of seven boxes and quite a few parts and accessories. The pride of the haul are some very large clones that attempted to replicate the 4350 monitors. The cabinets were made at a local cabinet shop in 2005 and need a little TLC but overall are very nice. They even came with lenses that are in excellent shape.

The obvious question is what's inside. The pictures tell half the story, but the following list of items tells the other half.

Low Freq driver LE15B
    Low Freq driver LE15B
    Mid Freq driver* 2202H
    Hi Freq Driver* 2440
    Ultra Hi Freq Driver 75
    Horn
    Dividing Network w/pot 3107
    HF Attenuator 3182

I do not active have an active crossover as of yet and did not listen to them before purchasing them.

My first question is can anybody recommend a good active crossover? For the short term, if not long term, I will be driving them with a McIntosh C20, two MC30's and an MC240.

Any thoughts, opinions, do's and don'ts and words of advice will be greatly appreciated.

I've been an audiophile for most of my life, but it hasn't been until recent years that I have had the space and a few spare dollars to really enjoy my passion.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thread Information