I have just come across something very interesting and was hoping for some thoughts from the more experienced members of this forum. I have some 2225 baskets that I had planned on reconing as 2235. Obviously JBL kits are NLA so was planning on going down the aftermarket route. I've reconed 2 LE15as with aftermarket kits and they seem very good quality to me. From what I've been told there is a supplier in Arizona that has correct reproduced voice coils, so someone somewhere is remaking them to JBL spec. That's all fine, I planned to do that, until, I came across this!

It looks to me to be a very good quality recone kit, as its from Japan and those guys over there seriously mean business when it comes to their JBL. The thing that stood out for me is that the cone is white!! I don't know if this is aquaplas, or the paper pulp is white, or any information really. I've sent a message through the ebay system but no reply as yet. The detailed technical information gives me confidence that it will be up to JBL original spec, or even better knowing the Japanese. Also a bonus is they say the mass ring is already attached, on the other aftermarket kits the mass ring is not included.

I just wanted to ask if anyone could tell me whether this would work for my 1.2T 2225 frames. The ebay listing says 2231/2235, but most of the info seems to be for the 2231. As far as I can tell the only difference between the 2 is the spider?

I think I will get a pair, because they are also quite cheap and I can't see it being worse quality than the other aftermarket kits out there. As far as I can find, the only 15 inch driver that was ever white was the 2230A but I can't find any info about them other than a few pictures. So I am wondering, is there any reason they have produced a white cone other than to complete the look of an old style 4350?

ebay link, but will add pictures if links are not allowed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-2231-...s/293351737141

Name:  s-l1600 copy.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  42.2 KB
Name:  s-l16001.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  45.4 KB
Name:  s-l16002.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  31.2 KB
Name:  s-l16003.jpg