Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: LE14H-3 or 2215H for a two way system?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Flodstroem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    416

    LE14H-3 or 2215H for a two way system?

    Hello forum members.
    I intend to build a new two way system including a low frequency driver and a HF driver (also I still have not finished my M2 project)
    Though I had to work with both project because lack of time.............

    I have two or three options for the LF drivers.

    The LE14H-3 and the 2215H is in the house but I dont know which one of those drivers that could be most suitable for
    a two way system. The LF driver should be used together with a 2451-SL. At the first I should use a JBL 2332 horn but when I have time I intend to build a Yuichi 290 horn
    (but first I had to construct a routing jig, sigh! )

    Now, what I think is that the LE14H-3 is the one that is easiest to sell compared to a 2215H.
    This is the two options I have right now. But the third option is if I could sell both LF drivers and if available, purchase a new 2216ND.

    But drivers of this heavy weight is hard to ship here in Norway........ and extremely expensive to ship abroad unfortunately

    What do you think? All tips or ideas to my project are highly appreciated
    Flodstroem

  2. #2
    Administrator Robh3606's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rocinante
    Posts
    8,091
    Go with the Le-14H-3. Plays lower and higher in a smaller box and has better power handling than a 2215.

    2216nd's? IDK If you thinks it's worth it go for it. You can make a fine system with what you already have.

    Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

  3. #3
    Senior Member Flodstroem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Go with the Le-14H-3. Plays lower and higher in a smaller box and has better power handling.

    Rob
    Thanks Rob. Yes Im aware of that. When you say "higher" do you mean SPL or frequency? The 2215H has a much lighter cone so I thought this driver could be a better choice. But probably not.
    The isue for me is that I want to sell the unused pair and the 2215H is hard to sell I guess...........
    Flodstroem

  4. #4
    Administrator Robh3606's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rocinante
    Posts
    8,091
    Hello

    The 2215H are a 1960's woofer so 40hz sealed or a big reflex box and I doubt you could cross them over above 500hz or so. They seem to sell OK have you tried? Especially if they are in good shape. They can sound very nice and some really like them. Don't get me wrong they are great vintage drivers just like an Altec 604 just a little long in tooth.

    The LE-14H-3 can crossover higher. Used up to 750Hz in the Array and could go a bit higher. Gives you more flexibility.

    Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Lewiston, NY 14092
    Posts
    81
    this is interesting to read
    http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/printthread.php?t=3016

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Lewiston, NY 14092
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello

    The 2215H are a 1960's woofer so 40hz sealed or a big reflex box and I doubt you could cross them over above 500hz or so. They seem to sell OK have you tried? Especially if they are in good shape. They can sound very nice and some really like them. Don't get me wrong they are great vintage drivers just like an Altec 604 just a little long in tooth.

    The LE-14H-3 can crossover higher. Used up to 750Hz in the Array and could go a bit higher. Gives you more flexibility.

    Rob
    Looks like above 2K?
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?11317-LE14H-3
    and a post to read
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?14154-LE14H-3

  7. #7
    Senior Member Flodstroem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    416
    Thank you all for your tips and links. Much interesting to read
    So I got convinced, it will be the LE14H-3 for this project, if I cant sell both pair and
    then order a pair of 2216Nd. Are they still available? At Speaker Exchange?
    Flodstroem

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Flodstroem View Post
    Thank you all for your tips and links. Much interesting to read
    So I got convinced, it will be the LE14H-3 for this project, if I cant sell both pair and
    then order a pair of 2216Nd. Are they still available? At Speaker Exchange?
    Let me know if you decide to sell a pair of LE14H-3`s
    IF the price are within reason.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Flodstroem's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by FE3T View Post
    Let me know if you decide to sell a pair of LE14H-3`s
    IF the price are within reason.
    Hi FE3T

    You have a PM.
    Flodstroem

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LE14H-3 in a 2 way system?
    By Flodstroem in forum Lansing Product DIY Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-09-2017, 03:32 PM
  2. Enclosure size for 2215h
    By Joespride in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 11:16 PM
  3. 2215H vs 2234H
    By rvito in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 05:23 PM
  4. 2215H Sensitivity 1W@1m?
    By JoMoCo in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM
  5. LE15H/2215H cone kits availability?
    By Flodstroem in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 12:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •