D130F sn-5843 8-16ohm

Just picked up this project off Ebay $82.21 total. D130F Serial 5843. Does that tell us anything? The aluminum brand tag say 8-16ohm. I guess winding was'nt all that accurate and they gave a range? I'm going to buy a paper cone, 4ohm VC, aluminum dust cap, spider, and tinsel leads off TedWeber.com I bought a glue kit off Simply Speakers Ebay store already. Cost $27 shipped but I want to do this right. Believe me I debated just using glues I already have but weighed out the price of one of these in working shape vs this beat beauty, I decided to spend. The cork gasket came off nicely, I'll reuse it. I already took the screws out and separated the magnet bell from the basket. It came to me with tape over the VC gap. When I pulled the tape off I noticed someone put epoxy in about two inches of the gap length. I got mad and thought I got beat on Ebay again but after and hour of digging in there with various blades I got it cleaned out, like superbly cleaned out that I said I need to post and tell some other speaker heads the good news. This D130F will play again. I plan to clean the basket tomorrow and then Ill post some picks.

Name:  D130F_back.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  109.3 KBName:  D130F_basket.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  117.6 KBName:  D130F_bell.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  121.8 KB