Thread: M2's in a smallish room?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

M2's in a smallish room?

These are my Klipsch Jubilees in my current living room, 12 ft (3m) wide and 24 ft (7m) deep and an 8 ft ceiling (typical of an American house). The Jubilees (with that big K-402 horn) are a constant dispersion horn of about 90 deg x 60 deg. The photo shows how they are a near a corner (and placed along the short wall. The listening spot is about 10 or 11 ft back so the listening angle is about 60 deg and the space behind the listener has the reflections from the rear wall delayed a bit over 20 msec.

So far so good, but for various reasons I am thinking about setting up a M2 system. The M2 has a dispersion of about 120 x 100 deg. My ceiling will be a problem with sound splashing off it but I have become more concerned about sound splashing off the side walls. The current configuration with Jubilees tucked in the corners, does fairly well at minimizing the early reflections from the side walls.

I notice that most folks here have their M2's well away form the corners. Are the early reflections a problem or do most have their setups in fairly large rooms?

Will I regret trying to put the M2's in a smallish room?

Thanks in advance,
    -Tom

Name:  RawStack.JPG
Views: 502
Size:  36.7 KB
    Last edited by withTarragon; 12-18-2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: error on dispersion

Thread Information