Hi svollmer,

RE "... not having to replace my amp."

You don't replace a good amp for a hum problem. Never (unless you're really at the end of the rope).

Give yourself a nice gift for X-Mas and download a copy of Rane's "Sound system Interconnection", Rane note # 110, last updated 2015, from their technical library. (rane.com, then click Contractors, click Resources at top, choose FAQ & Support, from the Support Options click the second one i.e. link to "Knowledge base". Sorry if its long but Rane has changed over the years, though kept some of their good stuff).

Now you're in the land of those who know and have been at the forefront of settling most of those silly interconnection problems, such as hum. Have not posted directly the info since its copyrighted and I tend to respect that.

Scroll down slowly the Knowledge Base list and stop at the following: Pin 1 Revisited, open it, at bottom of text PDF available; Grounding and Shielding Audio Devices, do same as preceeding; Sound System Interconnection, this is the best and most practical one ever published, open doc and save as PDF at bottom of text. There's one or two others I have but you may not need them.

Keep a copy of Sound System Interconnection under your pillow, on the kitchen table, next to the Johns, wherever, and with all the proper connection schemes clearly illustrated, then former connection nightmares may well suddenly become nice dreams... Merry X-Mas! Regards,

Richard