Hello all,
Im this is my first post though I have spent a of of time reading here in the past. Im musician and dj based in Cape Town, South Africa.

I have been buying up jbl components over the last few years to build an active 4 way crossover system for playing back mainly 70s jazz/ funk vinyl. Im after a nice wide dymamic range and good clarity/ seperation on the vocals and instruments. My end goal is to have a system that I can play at some small parties/ social gatherings for friends at medium sound levels. The horns are a bit big for a permamnent setup in my home space.

For bass/ midbass duty I have a pair of 2206 12" drivers currently in big folded horns which i am thinking of putting into more manageable sized cabs.(suggestions welcome)

For lower mids I have a pair of the phenolic 2482 drivers on a pair of very wide Vitavox CN 157 horns. Rather battered cabs ex cinema/ theatre.

Upper mids/ treble 2446 on 2380 horns with the regular titaniam diapragms

For tops I have something of a choice, either 2402 bullets (although I only have one and would need to buy another) or some small Renkus Heinz horns SSD 1400B

The crossovers are 90s analog BSS FDS360 and Im going to have to make all the crossover cards once Ive decided on the frequencies (they have these little frequency cards that slot inside the unit) At the moment Im trying to configure a digital crossover with a soundcard to do some listening tests which is a bit fiddly.
At the moment Im thinking, purely as a starting point, of running the bass from 50 up to 5-600 hz and then the 2482 from 600 to 3.5k and the 2446 3.5 to 7-8k followed by the Renkus Henz 7-8 and up. I have always found the 2446 a bit bright, and Im hoping the 2482 adds some mellowness to the mids.

Id be curious to hear any advice on the crossover points or in general on the project. Thanks! Nick