Currently have a modern set up with a Rotel 1052 integrated amp and some Swan Diva 4.2 tower speakers (basically Chinese B&W copies). Been wanting a fuller, warmer and more colored sound (don't care about accuracy). This crystallized for me after a trip to Japan and hearing lots of jazz played over vintage systems in record bars.

So I'm thinking about some of the older, larger, more high efficiency JBLs that I could (at least eventually) power with a tube amp. I think the 4343's are probably the ultimate version of this, but are difficult to find and pretty expensive. What other more common and cheaper alternatives would you recommend? Would mostly be playing jazz from vinyl at moderate volumes but also streaming more modern stuff like house and electronic (probably through a DIY raspberry pi DAC). Rock is way down my priority list although I know JBLs gets labeled as "rock speakers". The Japanese seem to like them for jazz and I can't argue.

Suggestions for amps, tube or hybrid tube also appreciated. Pretty blown away by the Kendrick videos of the big 4343's powered by $200 chifi tube/hybrid amps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWb...ature=emb_logo

Thanks been lurking for awhile and absorbing this incredible communities knowledge.