Thread: Crown DC300A series II , fuse problem

Crown DC300A series II , fuse problem

good morning to everyone ,I hope my English you understand ' I had a problem with my DC300 , I burned a fuse .and I would have a few questions - I was trying the Phase , turning the electric plug off and turning it on a few times , 2/3 quite fast .... and Puff suddenly went off, you know I was hasty!! 'However we move on to the fuse : 'Reading the manual write to use , a 5Ampere I live in Italy , i use network from 220V.
    The one burned instead, is an F4Ampere. today I went, electrical material shop ,I found an F6 A.'now I would like to know !! 'Can I use it momentarily instead of the 5A ? ? in the manual , is written , (type MTH fused), what does the acronym MTH mean? and in the end I have to use a retard, or a quick one? what are and acronyms

fuse The AC line is safely fused. Use a 10 amp, 250 volt,
    type AB fuse for 100 and 120 VAC operation, or a
    5 amp, 250 volt, type MTH fuse for 200, 220 and
    240 VAC units (see Sections 3.3.5 and 4.5).

grazie mille thank's regard

Hi blues,

I have something for you coming shortly, no time right now, I'll be back later, stay tuned...

Richard

Richard, thank you for your attention, I'm waiting for your new ones, I stay tuned to you.

Hi blues,

Sorry for the delay.

First, a reminder. Its normal to have a lower current rating fuse (5 amp @ 220 volt) compared to the 10A @ 110V one. Simply because at 220V you get twice the current vs that at 110V. So the 220V fuse here needs to be half the amp rating only.

The rule with fuse replacement is to always replace with SAME type and amp/volt rating as the original.

You mention the one burned is F4 amp, you found an F6 amp, and the manual says 5 amps 250 volt type MTH.

Amp/volt ratings and type do matter. e.g. Too low amp rating the fuse blows like it happened to you, too high amp rating you risk amplifier damage caused by excessive current draw. If you use "momentarily" as you say the 6 amp fuse and you request from the amplifier too much power you may well regret it. This is like driving or walking in the dark with no lights on... Gotta be extremely cautious.

I'm surprised the fuse on the amplifier was 4 amp instead of the 5 amp original, it may have been replaced before, but safety wise 4 amp is better than 6 amp here. If you decide to use the 6 amp fuse momentarily then make sure you don't ask too much power from the amplifier, GO EASY ON IT, because the amplifier will not be really protected as it should, and its at your own risks. Also make sure the fuse voltage rating is 250V.

As for the MTH type, I did a quick search on this and didn't see a definition for it, but they appear to be fast action fuses. However, MTH type fuse seems to be obsolete/discontinued and replaced by AGC type fuses which are generally fast blow or fast acting ones also. Are the F4 and F6 fuses fast acting ones?

Read the text on the pictures below from my quick search it mentions some of the above notes. Best Regards to Italy,

Richard

Name:  IMG_0887.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  92.3 KBName:  IMG_0889.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  89.2 KBName:  IMG_0891.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  99.2 KBName:  IMG_0893.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  106.0 KB

hello Richard , thank you and again thank you .... after your elucidations 'I bought a box of fuses from 5 Amp. To fast .
    changed immediately as soon as he got home, all Ok
    yes , the 6 A to dab momentarily 'I wish you a good day 'hello' Mauro

Hi Mauro,

Glad to hear the Blues will continue playing at the right level with no more fuse problems... Regards,

Richard

Thread Information