Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give me 10 of each

Cool Give me 10 of each

found this old catalog page image on an old HD ... those prices are DELIVERED.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Are these PRIME eligible so I can get them Tuesday?
    David F
    San Jose

I found where that cat page came from ...

Hi Seawolf,

Revox from a mail-order catalog is surprising to me. JBL maybe for more consumer stuff, but Revox??

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    Hi Seawolf,

Revox from a mail-order catalog is surprising to me. JBL maybe for more consumer stuff, but Revox??

Richard
    Revox ? sure ... and B&O , Thorens, Marantz , AR ..etc. ... but remember $200 was a fair handful of bux in 1972. On the NIKON page they were more pricey than JBL.

Hi seawolf,

A)Never seen here B & O, Revox, and such others in mail-order catalogs, but the US is the land of all possibilities...

Btw I replied to your post and two large eyes were watching me! Fine I like those. Then come back and the avatar pic is now a monkey on a bicycle looking at me, LOL, fun. Great finds for these pics, I like them.

Some recent ones I can remember: You on the bike, na (sorry); on top of the big wave you seemed pretty sporty, good; reincarnated as a Kohala up in the tree you looked pretty well, cosy and relaxed, nice; holding a live AC wire and having all hair up, was pretty cool, don't worry it doesn't reflect your electrical skills; as a cavern man or aka prisoner of the Taliban for 10 years, na doesn't show you at your best; etc. Remember I'm a follower of these, keep them coming as they're often the smile or laugh of the day...

B) Since we haven't written for a while, FYI i never found locally mini disks (MD) for my recorders, Sony or other. But did see just a few Digital Audio Tapes (DAT) at $10. each, maybe I should have bought a DAT recorder?

C) On the Sony topic, have you heard about their latest invention? Mentioned some months ago on Bloomberg TV. Cannot be more sad than this: an air conditioning device for shirt! Yes, an AC for shirt from an audio company... Felt like writing them "Sony, please stop dishonoring yourselves, give us instead some new audio technology" (honor supposed to be a big thing in Japan, but you know Asia much better than me). At that point, I think I'd just jump-off the bridge, trying to save the little honor left.

With climate change and planet warming up, an AC shirt could be a hit some day, but from Sony? (btw expected price $130.US). The dismay of a former audio technology developer/leader. Can't believe that, unless its a collateral application of another invention like power amps cooling maybe?? Still doubt that. To me its a sad sign there's nothing in the pipeline in terms of new audio technologies coming. "Another new Sony", trying to stay alive as a gadgets company?

D) Plus, things aren't really going any better for Japan as a whole. Also heard on Bloomberg TV 6-12 months ago. Japan Govt wants to launch a new "national project" which could bring some pride or shine on the country. They haven't had a tech/commercial hit for quite a while they said, former ones mentioned: Sony's Walkman, Toyota's Prius, third one named can't remember what it was, getting too old I guess (like when wife sends me to grocery store, "easy, just remember: three things", I do remember well "three things" at store, but what are they ? LOL Either short of one or need to call her, man's memory she says, LOL).

Their "brilliant" idea is flying cars! 10 year time frame. Looking for private investors to go ahead. The last thing the planet needs is probably another car AND another drone, so a "dronecar". Those having expertise in both cars and flying as far as I know, Honda and Mitsubishi are unlikely, in my view, to invest a single dime in this adventure. I would not, for many reasons like commercial success? development costs, pricing, logistics required, air traffic control already overloaded with planes & helicopters, etc.

One would expect from Japan something more along robots with artificial intelligence for example. Japan, as well as Sony, seem to be broken down, suffering from a severe idea drought, poor focus on their core expertise and lack of technology leadership. Never could imagine they would come-up with such things. Just in case my assessment of the situation is wrong, you might as well start chasing your AC shirt device and get going on planning your personnal take-off/landing space, something may be coming home... Regards,

Richard

EDITED FOR CORRECTIONS

Hi seawolf,

A)Never seen here B & O, Revox, and such others in mail-order catalogs, but the US is the land of all possibilities...

Btw I replied to your post and two large eyes were watching me! Fine I like those. Then come back and the avatar pic is now a monkey on a bicycle looking at me, LOL, fun. Great finds for these pics, I like them.

Some recent ones I can remember: You on the bike, na (sorry); on top of the big wave you seemed pretty sporty, good; reincarnated as a Kohala up in the tree you looked pretty well, cosy and relaxed, nice; holding a live AC wire and having all hair up, was pretty cool, don't worry it doesn't reflect your electrical skills; as a cavern man or aka prisoner of the Taliban for 10 years, na doesn't show you at your best; etc. Remember I'm a follower of these, keep them coming as they're often the smile or laugh of the day...

B) Since we haven't written for a while, FYI i never found locally mini disks (MD) for my recorders, Sony or other. But did see just a few Digital Audio Tapes (DAT) at $10. each, maybe I should have bought a DAT recorder?Regards,

Richard
    Hi seawolf,

My recollection is that catalog was headquartered in Japan , even I was surprised that euro gear was in it.

Hi seawolf,

Richard
    you've a much better memory than me. I had to look up and see what the current one is .. I do have a big folder of ones that have been collected to be used as needed.

B) Since we haven't written for a while, FYI i never found locally mini disks (MD) for my recorders, Sony or other. But did see just a few Digital Audio Tapes (DAT) at $10. each, maybe I should have bought a DAT recorder?Regards,

Richard
    CL is a fine source for MD's (beware tho that Sony only rates them for 100K rewrites per disk.

Too bad that you weren't looking when I was selling ... had 5 cases (100 disks per) of Sony Gold Premium 80 minute disks ..sealed. Shipped them all over, tho kept a loose, non boxed 50 for my own use.

pic here ===>>>
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post363456

(can't believe that you forgot this one )

What year is that catalog?the pix is not so clear
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    What year is that catalog?the pix is not so clear
    sorry martin , yes ... very hard to read.

Hi seawolf,

Thanks for adding that cartoon "The whole universe is completely insane!" Had a good laugh...

Richard

B) Since we haven't written for a while, FYI i never found locally mini disks (MD) for my recorders, Sony or other. But did see just a few Digital Audio Tapes (DAT) at $10. each, maybe I should have bought a DAT recorder?
    RMC .... I thought about DAT , but the drawbacks compared to MD were just too big.

The editing capabilities on MD are great ... I can plug my PC keyboard into the deck and do titling or editing. erase, join, re-sequence ..etc. On the MD website they mention that a CD dubbed to MD can sound better than the original, since the MD deck usually has a better DAC.
    I grab disks at flea markets, CL or anywhere they are found. Used doesn't really matter as mag tape does.

On one vacation , I put 320 minutes of The Rolling Stones , Beatles, Moodies (their entire catalogs) , 1 each on a MD since the portables get 52 hours on a single AA bat.

We were in a 220v country and wasn't sure where I could recharge an iPud.

Hi seawolf,

The mention of DAT recorder purchase? was just a wild thought based on the local availability of some DAT tapes VS no MDs seen...

I don't do as much MD editing as you, an occasional delete or something. But the capabilities are great I agree, with Sony deck having owner manual 57 pages long of explanations... Portable JVC unit shown before 16 pages. Lots of possibilities with lot of reading to do. Could be one reason why the format wasn't a hit commercially speaking. Better sounding than MP3 though, with half the compression.

Btw, tried yesterday to purchase some Sony new old stock mini disks on EBay and guess what, it flunked! Yes, my very first purchase ever on EBay! ended up being a donkey, LOL All went well until the last click to confirm/pay...

A page indicating YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR BROWSER appeared giving a list of the proper ones. Internet Explorer 11 was on that list, and its exactly the up to date one used by me for the transaction! Obviously, the right hand and the left hand at EBay are not on the same page...

Maybe adding insult to injury, they sent me an e-mail stating "your transaction was not completed". I KNOW YOU SCREWED IT UP, damn it. Up coming Jan-Feb 2020 I'll replace the fine working Win 7 Pro/IE 11 laptop, this being the 2nd time Microsoft pulls the carpet under my feet by abandoning this time on Jan. 14 all Win 7 support... Guess I'll end up getting a Win 10/Edge browser new laptop (Edge also on EBay list, LOL).

Then I may try again to get some MDs on EBay. Yep, the whole universe is insane. (Mr. Natural not as good as the other version of it you posted on post # 7: that was a homerun!). Regards,

Richard

Hi seawolf,,,,,, I may try again to get some MDs on EBay.

Richard
    RMC .... I got a free minidisk (74 minute) inside a box I bought yesterday ..

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post426010

Hi Tom,

With all due respect, you're so damn lucky that it almost smells... Said it before the stuff is just raining on you! As for me
    Regards,
    Richard

Hi Tom,

With all due respect, you're so damn lucky that it almost smells...
    Regards,
    Richard
    that's just my sneakers. .... I get a lot because , no handicap of purchasing everything NEW.

RMC .... I got a free minidisk (74 minute) inside a box I bought yesterday ..

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post426010
    That Denon is surprising good at driving headphones , even my difficult Yammy HD-1's. Has a volume control and can get pretty loud, but stay clear.

Thread Information