Some of you may know that the M2 hysteria was started back in 2015 when I ordered the first 2pcs JBL M2 WG's by their spare part number trough a very friendly speaker shop in Florida (they still are!) and actually got them to my very big surprise. They were the first two to be sold separately. I quickly ordered 6 more and got them too. Pure joy.

I posted data here on LH and I think some jaws dropped in that they were actually obtainable at that point. Many have since successfully built M2’s or clones in various forms. The rest is history.

My own WG’s have been sitting idle while seeing others build nice speakers over the years. I have supplied M2 adapters to many and assisted many builds in any way I could.

Now its time to get my dusty WG’s in service.

This tread will cover the original idea with replacing my current LCR system with DIY M2 Rev RoB WG’s, 1400PRO, 2451Be and 045’s.

Just to be certain I’m also building a pair of faithful M2 clones at the same time. Maybe not that faithful, I’m going to use the -1 woofer and 4” drivers (also have D2's). More of that in a separate thread if anyone would be interested.

Attached are some pictures and more to follow.

Kind regards
//RoB

Name:  Byte till VTX horn Nov 2015 (28) (Copy).jpg
Views: 2189
Size:  56.1 KB
Name:  M2's 4.jpg
Views: 2092
Size:  99.3 KB
Name:  IMG_1120.jpg
Views: 2195
Size:  175.4 KB