Dear Forum Members,
this is my first post. I am in Sydney Australia.

I recently got a pair of 4344. they are stock. Amazing! I like them very much. I have to turn the EQ up to max otherwise treble is pretty dull, but they have heaps of life and really fill a room. I use them with a tube amp.

All good. Very happy to stay where I am however cogniscent that capacitors are a bit old and probably casue of need to turn EQ up (also is the EQ on 4344 what is called "L pads"?)

I note the thousands of posts on this forum and the wealth of information that must surely be contained within.

However i do have overarching questions and I was wondering if someone who has walked this path before me might help.

The 15 and 10" drivers have been re-done I think. rubber around them is supple and cones are intact etc.

As i see it, first thing to do is to replace capacitors. My questions in this regard are:
1. is this a good idea to replace capacitors? I presume it is and at a minimum I am looking to do this. just in case has anybody got a parts list for this?
2. has anyone out there put a charged crossover into the 4344 with any success? if so what did you think of that specific upgrades utility? was it worth it?
3. anybody want to tell me there is something else i should be doing?

Mine is the original 4344 and driver list is as follows:
Unit For low-pass: 2235H
For inside low-pass: 2122H
For mid-high ranges: Horn type (2421B+2308)
For high regions: Horn type (2405)