Thread: L100 QUADRAFLEX FOAM GRILLE updates?

L100 QUADRAFLEX FOAM GRILLE updates?

This is my first post so please bear with me if not handling it well.

I have been fortunate in acquiring a really nice pair of 1974 vintage L100s. As many others out there I need the grilles.

Since the L100 have been Reissued I can't help but wonder if we could now get those hard to find grilles right from the factory.

So I am just looking for any insight any of you might have on this, or any other current sources for the Grilles. It appears to me that the sources I know of have dried up, or are no longer in business.

Thank You all for your responses.

Sincerely,

Karl

I too wonder where the ebay sellers of the foam inserts went. Maybe they will come back. Looks likw I missed my chance to buy the burnt orange ones - so cool.
    Steve Barnes
    Huntley Audio.com

Hi Karl,

The old and new L100's are a different size. 14x24 for the old vs.15 3/8 x 25 2/16 for the new.
    KEEP ON LISTENING!

PM this thread starter ==>> http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ale&highlight=

he may have stock or still be able to make some
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Special sale on L100 seconds

As you might well imagine, producing the L100 Quadrex grilles is quite painstaking and tiresome after making so many. So I got away from making them for so long I forgot some of the techniques to make PERFECT ones. So right now I have several sets of what could be called "seconds". They have minor cosmetic imperfections hardly visible except on close inspection and am offering them at $110/pair (all colors but orange) shipped in USA.

Note that the imperfections show least done in black (best choice to hide imperfections) - they are more noticeable (on close examination) in the standard colors of brown, blue or orange (orange are $140/pair) so black is a good choice - and easiest to do! Pic attached of one before painting.

To Order: http://foamspeakergrilles.com/prices__ordering

Not sure when or if I will ever again try producing perfect ones - worn out , getting too old, and getting absolutely NO help with this business - so is better to do easier things to make enough to maintain my poverty (below!) living status.

I have about 7-8 pairs of these - will take a good offer on them all to clear them out - even unpainted and you can do the painting yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    40+ years of sacrifice...and for what???

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post

Sonofagun has supplied me with two sets of L200 grills (cats) - and they are indistinguishable from the originals, and am considering a 3rd set just for the heck of it.
    Recommended.

L100 Quadrex

I'm being inundated with inquiries for these and will get to them again when I catch up with current orders. Still can't get help of any kind so .

This coming month I will be working on setting up improved methods for making these but current circumstances make it difficult. Great opportunity for someone to partner with me and make lots of $$ - serious inquiries by PM are welcome. I am very flexible on partnership terms.

Thread Information