Thread: Project Widget

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Project Widget

For those that know about this personal project that has dragged on for just short of forever, you may want to go right to the photos, but for those unfamiliar with my project, I’ll cover the project from initial concept to the present day.

In late 2004 a buddy of mine bought a pair of Classic Audio T1 speakers (see photo 1). He liked them but thought they could be better. He asked me if I had any ideas on how to improve them. At about this time I was also involved in the ill fated Project May speakers for Don McRitchie. (Another long and winding tale… one that perhaps will be unraveled and told someday.) In any event, during the process, I was exposed to the phenomenal JBL 1500AL woofers. My buddy suggested we try the TAD TD-4003/TH-4003 which were a step up from the Classic Audio’s TAD TD-4001/TH4001 clone.

I was game, so I mocked them up in some test boxes and audio magic happened. My buddy directed the aesthetics and we came up with the design in photo 2. I set about building them with ribs and laying up pre-kerfed MDF.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Mr. Widget; 09-02-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Thread Information