Thread: Speaker not completely powering on :( Please help EON 12

Speaker not completely powering on :( Please help EON 12

So my speakers worked perfectly fine last night, but as I turned it on today, it stopped working. Here is what is happening, I turned it on, but it does not look the power is "strong" enough to keep it alive. I replaced the power cords, and the second cord looks like it is slightly "stronger". The LED does not power on, but the Bluetooth light flashes for a moment. Also the hissing sound is very low, please let me if you can help. THANKS!

I don't own these and can only guess what's happening until the pros arrive!
    You confuse me with your statement about the power cord. Can you test the cord on a different device? How do you determine that it's not powering up fully?
    Have you tried plugging it directly into the wall receptacle? if you're currently using a power strip, take it out of the way for now.
    You have more than one of these EON12s and they are both out? or just one?

Quote Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
    You confuse me with your statement about the power cord. Can you test the cord on a different device? How do you determine that it's not powering up fully?
    Have you tried plugging it directly into the wall receptacle? if you're currently using a power strip, take it out of the way for now.
    Do you wonder if the LHF members old enough and have to do a eyesight test?
    46 lover

So the power cord works on the speaker, but it does not work to the point where the speakers will turn on completely. The blue tooth light flashes, but the speaker wont make any sound. I unplugged it from the power strip and plugged it into the wall socket. I only have one EON612, and I do not know how this issue came out of nowhere. Thanks

I bought a used DBX stereo limiter. To test it, I hooked it up to the outputs of my mixing console. Just by luck I noticed it didn't power up. I wiggled the power cord and it would click on and off. I inspected the power jack inside and everything was tight and looking good. I replaced the power cord and all was well with it.
    So I can say that the removable cords do go bad.
    What happened at the end of your night of last use? Anything odd? Did the Eon start cutting out?
    Pretty tuff to tell what's up from here, just throwing out troubleshooting ideas and things to start looking at.
    If it was mine (and out of warranty), I'd open it up and make sure the power is solid. I wouldn't go inside if I didn't know enough!
    Seems odd that it's in a not fully powered up condition unless there's some kind of short drawing something down or another bad cord???
    I'm not fully up on the Bluetooth stuff yet!
    Do you have it hardwired to your system? Can you try a different input method?
    Is something activated that cancels out your current input?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Do you wonder if the LHF members old enough and have to do a eyesight test?
    I am new here. On the other forums I belong to, we try our best to help out others.
    Sometimes a thread gets overlooked or simply goes unanswered. I personally think that's a shame when it happens.
    I don't claim to know everything, but I have tried to help when I can.
    I stumbled across this forum and I'm still figuring out who's who here. I would prefer a forum for pro sound, I just prefer JBL components when they are the right choice for the app.

I only have one EON612, and I do not know how this issue came out of nowhere. Thanks
    Have you called JBL Technical services? Or gone through the trouble shooting guide in the manual?

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

I am new here. On the other forums I belong to, we try our best to help out others.
    Sometimes a thread gets overlooked or simply goes unanswered. I personally think that's a shame when it happens.
    I don't claim to know everything, but I have tried to help when I can.
    I stumbled across this forum and I'm still figuring out who's who here. I would prefer a forum for pro sound, I just prefer JBL components when they are the right choice for the app.
    That's very kind of you!LHF need warm-hearted person,you know,i'm kidding
    46 lover

Thread Information