Thread: B380clone, 2235H

B380clone, 2235H

Hi all
    Im building the smallest enclosure for the 2235H outlined in the Lorr Kramer/Greg Timbers 1983 article(4.5 Cu Ft) I have a BX-63A xover. Is it true this box will go down to 25 Hz? I noticed some DIY'ers use clips of some type to fasten the driver to the baffle, what are they called & where can these be gotten? Is it better to use t-Nuts and bolts? Thank you!

If you are talking about the clips in this picture, they are called MA15. I used t-nuts and these. I figured it couldn't hurt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

B380 clone 2235H

Hi
    Yes THANK YOU, that is exactly what I wanted to know and now i will look for them to buy. I see you have doubled up the clips in 4 areas and not used all the holes in the frame, does this still mate the basket to the baffle evenly without gaps? Or is the basket frame so solid and solid it doesn't matter?

out of curiosity

Hi How come there appears to be no top to the enclosure showing front to back depth?

Also if you don't mind, what is the bass driver size, the cabinet dimensions HxWxD and the diameter of the 3 vents?

I doubled up the clamps because that was the way JBL did it. I am using screws in the eight holes also, you probably can't see them because they are silver. This is an 18" 2245 and the enclosure is a 4345.

It seems like everyone doubles the clamps on the 18" drivers

In this picture you can see the mounting holes and the top of the cabinet. It's difficult to start the screws on the frame when when the speaker is standing up, maybe that's why they use the MA15 clamps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is it true this box will go down to 25 Hz?
    Yes they do. Are you using for HT or Music? For HT they can run into trouble on some material. Mass rings slap the pole piece.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

B380 Clone 2235H

I really enjoy the using double KLH Nines and JBL sub for both Home theater & music. Thanks for the "warning" about the cone hitting basket. In the 35 yrs I''ve owned the 2235H I've never had it bottom out on me. Could be i really don't push it hard. I use a single 2235H enclosure driven by a single 200 wpc bridged amp (using BX-63a set at 63 Hz) Rarely do I exceed 90 db in a 13 x 18 ft listening room.
    Last edited by rdiiorio; 08-15-2019 at 06:28 AM. Reason: better answer

Thread Information