Thread: Reason for reconing

Angry Reason for reconing

Hello and best wishes for 2005 !.

I have to recone one of my Le15A ( I have 2 ) and I can't find any reason why this speaker does not work .
    The Le15 began to resound badly more and more , I know he is well protected so it was not hurt and I did not use it so loud !!!, last reconing was 10 years ago .

What can be the reason ?

thank for answers .
    Gerard

Maybe the tinsel leads to the coils are opening up??? Hows the foam???

Rob

paragon

Offset

May be the cone and coil is offset, so the coil is "hanging" in the gap and produces sounds, if you know what i mean ! ten years is a long time and may be surround and spider loosen his strength (?). Sorry about my very bad english.
    Turn around the speakers every year 180 degrees, so the top is now at the bottom(?).

Eckhard

HELLO

Foam are in very ggod shape !
    My other le15A looks good and no problem !
    it began to be bad 6 month ago but I must admist I did not use thosqe speaker much for 2/3 years !!!

Gerard .

transducergeek

Remove the LE15 and place it cone up, and see if it scrapes.

After removal from the cabinets, gently move the cone in and out with your fingers on both sides of the edge of the cone. Listen and feel for any rubbing or scraping effect. If not, move around the circumference and repeat. If not still, try gently pushing on just one edge to see if it rubs anywhere around the whole diameter, if not you have no problem with "centering" and your problem may be a possible loose voice coil? Those can sometimes become unglued and separate from the former and rattle loosly around in the gap...or something else causing noise. Have those units been recently re-surrounded? I had some LE15's from the early seventy's or maybe the sixty's and they had the Lans-a-loy type early white/yellow "foam" and they will be hard and brittle by now. I know you said the edges were fine, but I want to be sure. Have a great 2005! RE

Thread Information