Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: what type of this JBL?

  1. #1
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485

    what type of this JBL?

    Real love of JBL
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    46 lover

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    annapolis, md usa
    Posts
    427
    Looks like the L-65 Jubal. Guy has his priorities in order during a bad situation.

  3. #3
    Senior Member SEAWOLF97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    PDX, ®egon
    Posts
    9,074
    looks like Nha Trang, Vietnam, where, I'm sure, they have these situations so often that they are prepared for it.

    I passed thru Phu Bai (just outside of Hue) the day after they set a 1 day record for most rain (1969) and the PX flooded out ... all the fine stereo gear ruined.

    On October 5, 1969, Hue recorded its highest single day rainfall total – 22 inches of rain in 24 hours. During the week of October 1-9, 1969, Hue sank under 59 inches of rain

    http://ecointheknow.com/uncategorize...e-vietnam-war/

    they DO like their audio gear there, (at least it's warm rain. )
    “If you think that’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard,
    just wait a couple minutes!”

  4. #4
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    looks like Nha Trang, Vietnam, where, I'm sure, they have these situations so often that they are prepared for it.

    I passed thru Phu Bai (just outside of Hue) the day after they set a 1 day record for most rain (1969) and the PX flooded out ... all the fine stereo gear ruined.

    On October 5, 1969, Hue recorded its highest single day rainfall total – 22 inches of rain in 24 hours. During the week of October 1-9, 1969, Hue sank under 59 inches of rain

    http://ecointheknow.com/uncategorize...e-vietnam-war/

    they DO like their audio gear there, (at least it's warm rain. )
    Have you participated in Vietnam War?
    46 lover

  5. #5
    Senior Member RedCoat23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sammamish, WA
    Posts
    207
    Speakers look like they're 'photoshopped' into the image. Size doesn't look quite right for Jubal's and they're almost square to the camera which just seems a little unlikely that the photographer would happen to hit that perfect angle before taking the pic.IMHO.

  6. #6
    Senior Member SEAWOLF97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    PDX, ®egon
    Posts
    9,074
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty jefferson View Post
    Looks like the L-65 Jubal. Guy has his priorities in order during a bad situation.
    IF they are Jubals, then the funky little pedestals have been removed.

    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Have you participated in Vietnam War?
    participant ? yeah, but not a willing one.

    Loved Asia tho.
    “If you think that’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard,
    just wait a couple minutes!”

  7. #7
    Senior Member BMWCCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Have you participated in Vietnam War?
    We had this thing called The Draft.
    In 1972, my birthdate got me number 258. I was never forced to test the courage of my convictions.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tours, France
    Posts
    125
    A badly executed photoshop .
    All infos here, but not on the JBLs used for the "art".
    http://xahoi.com.vn/ngap-lut-kinh-ho...oc-316775.html

  9. #9
    Senior Member SEAWOLF97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    PDX, ®egon
    Posts
    9,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefoda View Post
    A badly executed photoshop .
    Good detective work ... how did you find the original ??

    looking closer ... lighting on the JBL's is not consistent with rest of pic .. looks like they were under a focused highlight.
    Prolly would have dented the roof of that econbox anyway.
    “If you think that’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard,
    just wait a couple minutes!”

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tours, France
    Posts
    125
    I've used photoshop to remove the JBLs with the existing background and then made a Google search with image. They found similar ones including the original
    When used to it it's quite fast to do.

  11. #11
    Senior Member 4345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    211

    Hurricane

    During hurricane Andrew I had some windows broken out of my living room. As soon as it happened I rushed to move my JBL L-300's. The wind was howling through the house. I didn't even hesitate to save my speakers. I'm not sure if I would have moved so fast to save another person!

  12. #12
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCoat23 View Post
    Speakers look like they're 'photoshopped' into the image. Size doesn't look quite right for Jubal's and they're almost square to the camera which just seems a little unlikely that the photographer would happen to hit that perfect angle before taking the pic.IMHO.
    Careful observation
    46 lover

  13. #13
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    IF they are Jubals, then the funky little pedestals have been removed.



    participant ? yeah, but not a willing one.

    Loved Asia tho.
    As a soldier?what a horrible experience
    46 lover

  14. #14
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    We had this thing called The Draft.
    In 1972, my birthdate got me number 258. I was never forced to test the courage of my convictions.
    You took part in the War as well?
    46 lover

  15. #15
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefoda View Post
    A badly executed photoshop .
    All infos here, but not on the JBLs used for the "art".
    http://xahoi.com.vn/ngap-lut-kinh-ho...oc-316775.html
    Great,you are a real detective
    46 lover

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Enclosure type?
    By retro soulman in forum Lansing Product DIY Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-28-2018, 12:17 PM
  2. What type of Speaker?
    By Hofmannhp in forum Miscellaneous Gear
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 11:03 AM
  3. Which type Altec?
    By kimikal in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
  4. JBL Type C58 - Anybody know anything about these?
    By sdstarnes in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 09:08 AM
  5. which type is it?
    By OLDGEN in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 11:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •