Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hartsfield woofer

The lens I have are decent. Probably 8.5. They are black and not the gold anodized models.The cabinets are constructed out of 3/4" Baltic birch. No "timberblend" particleboard was used. I used maple where it called for pine or alder. I also used biscuit joints instead of splines and lots of glue. I call them the speakers from hell. A real love hate relationship!

I stand corrected. It is a 5P360HP. I was going off memory and it failed. The pair of 375's had no labels but did have the seals intact. I did find the model written on the inside of the coil former.I decided to open them because of the marked difference in output. I am glad I did because the foam inside the back had failed and needed to be replaced. JBL goodwilled me replacements. I replaced the diaphragm with a Radian #1282.

E145-8's for Hartsfields

Interesting thread. I have a pair of these (new), having intended to build a pair of Hartsfields. However, although I consider myself a moderately capable "intermediate" woodworker, when I studied the plans for the cabinet (AFTER I bought the drivers), I broke out in a cold sweat .

The JBL tech manual put me on to these drivers:

The JBL Technical Manual dated July 1991, states that the E145-8 is the "acoustical equivalent of the JBL 150-4 and 150-4C", with the footnote that this is "a slightly different (usually improved) replacement", and that both units in a stereo pair should be changed if one needs to be changed.

Been trying to sell them on eBay but nary a nibble.

John Y.

Hartsfield

George,

Don't give up on the Hartsfield. It really isn't that complicated to build. My attempt to duplicate my original isn't held up for fear of failure, rather than I have been swamped with other projects and the purchase of the dual 2226 cabinets from the tent sale.

I sent you a PM.

John

Thread Information