Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original L100t

Quote Originally Posted by Pigboat View Post
    any alternative to this?
    [URL="https://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-035Ti-035Tia-Tweeter-Damper-Pad-Pair/254157623867?hash=item3b2cf9923b:g:YrwAAOSwIAdciC3 u"]JBL 035Ti 035Tia Tweeter Damper Pad Pair
    Oh..thats too funny ..

$40 for 2 little pieces of foam .

good discussion of replacement foam here ==>>> http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ght=044ti+help

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post

I've gotten the impression from others that the 0135 isn't very durable. Is that not true? Is that string of failures over that length of time uncommon?
    Don't know where you got the impressions of the 035 They are usually pretty robust.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

So strange....

because..... my L100Ts took a hit from a QSC amp and blew out my woofers, probably a 600 watt burst! The Tweets are fine!

No. They just stop working. One day, they're great, the next, silent. This time, though, there was a bit of audible roughness when I last played them. They next time I powered them up, it was silent.

I've had the L100t's since brand new back in the mid-80s. From the looks of my postings here, it looks like the first 0135 went out in 2009, so that isn't too bad, from what I can tell. I replaced it with an old new stock driver. After that, the second original 0135 seems to have gone down a few years after that. I sourced a pair of replacements from a similarly-aged set of L80s (so those 0135s had close to as many years on them as my originals). One of those two is the one that went out most recently.

My system is pretty simple, and I don't feel like I'm pushing them to any extreme. It's an old Carver CT-17 pre driving an old Kenwood M2A power amp. The L100s sit in my living room, adequately spaced away from the wall.

Beats me why they fail. I've gotten the impression from others that the 0135 isn't very durable. Is that not true? Is that string of failures over that length of time uncommon?

Yeah, it really does perplex me. I'm not an audio expert by any means, so I'm just scratching my head trying to figure out what I might be doing, or if my very simple set-up is somehow at fault. I just don't know where to start.

Yeah, it really does perplex me. I'm not an audio expert by any means, so I'm just scratching my head trying to figure out what I might be doing, or if my very simple set-up is somehow at fault. I just don't know where to start.
    2 pair 4406's
    1 pair L36's

4 open tweeters

All from apparent corrosion from connectors,
    extending to coil wire in guide heading to diaphragm.

My question ???
    Upon inspection are failures "fried"
    or as describer above?

Thread Information