Ken (edgewound) contacted me a few weeks later to let me know the speakers were done and so I paid my invoice and waited for some woofs to show up... This past Sunday, they did...

To recap, I purchased my L150A's without listening to them and found out shortly after hooking them up to my Marantz 4300 that the 128H's had voice coil rub. I ran the gamut with a local reconer, refoamed both woofers which didn't work out (she credited the money spent towards a recone) and then she eventually reconed them with C8R129H recone kits (as reported by edgewound later) which still had the issue and the one woofer failed yet again. At this point I was ready to throw in the towel but a few members on here were kind enough to offer me their services but edgewound was the only one who replied and I sent the woofers to his business, Upland Loudspeaker Service. Originally, we discussed having the woofers custom done with the correct formulation of Aquaplas hand applied by him to factory specs as the recone kit for 128H's wasn't currently available, C8R128H. In the end, life got in the way and JBL released a batch of C8R128H's and that's what edgewound installed and shipped back to me...

I took the sheets off my L150A's and installed the woofers, unhooked the scab Klipsch Cornwalls and let them play for a minute. Bass response isn't what I remember it being down low but I've heard and even read on here that new surrounds need to break in for awhile and I want to let them do just that before I really push them. But with what I did test out, I think it's safe to say they're fixed! No "Brap!" noise when the woofers come out into the room and no noise whatsoever from them for that matter. Ken did a fantastic job with them and it was well worth the wait. He even dates his stuff! I'm very satisfied with the way they were shipped back to me and the job over all, I didn't have much hope after what I had experienced previously. Needless to say, as long as Ken doesn't mind, I'll happily ship my stuff to him moving forward and he's the first person I will call. On that note, I have noticed that my PR300's look to have been reconed with the improper cone as well. Shouldn't they be black? Aye carumba. Maybe one day those will be the next to be fixed but for now, I want to enjoy these things. Thinking of buying crossovers specific to a L150A and modifying them for biamp use as that's the next route I want to go. I'll make a separate thread for that. Going to try and attach pics!

Name:  Attach93968_20200112_180608.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  59.0 KBName:  Attach93971_20200112_180617.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  140.2 KBName:  Attach93974_20200112_180627.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  137.0 KB