Thread: I bought a pair of 122A-1 12" JBL'S. What are these? And what systems used them?

transducergeek

I bought a pair of 122A-1 12" JBL'S. What are these? And what systems used them?

I just obtianed a nice pair of JBL 12 inch model 122A-1's and I don't know much about them except they are Alnico, have Aqaplas on the rear of the cones... Anyone have more info, the JBL site is useless on these. No info..
    What might they be worth? Are they worthy of building a system around, or should I just resell them? Which systems used these? Any help will be nice..
    Thanks, Rolf Erickson.

Obsolete
    The 122A-1 was used in the L166A. The difference between it and the 122A was the mass ring. The 122A was used in the L65A and the original L166. Note that these days both the 122A and 122A-1 use the 129H recone kit. The 129H was used in the L65B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

transducergeek

That's a big help!

Thanks very much Giskard. Does anyone know the fair market value? They both have brand new foam surrounds, but has some cosmetic issues on one woofer. The cone has "scratches" or non-penetrating mars on about 1/4 of the front cone surface. As if an accidental incident of an object scraping across the cone and leaving a few random channels in the paper. No performance impact, no likelyhood of further deterioration, no center dust cap involvment, dome is perfect. The cone just looks sorta funky. Put on the grille cover and forget it... The other woofer is as normal. Paint on both is quite good, clean wrinkle paint on the Alnico magnets and flat black on the frame otherwise nearly no flaws..Thanks again Folks! Rolf Erickson.

Thread Information