In the Lansing Product Technical Help (one of my favorite sections!) under 4343 References Thread Heather said:" Please note - I have just begun this thread and have a LOT left to add ..." back in 2007.

Now, Heather does a brilliant job on the Heritage site but can only do 'so much' if she isn't given a whole lot more to go on, without laboriously searching the "many" threads for extra info to put into Reference Threads like these - Plus - the amount of "interest", has to make it worthwhile.
Since the demise of availability of Recones and drivers to use; the 43xx 4 - way Series has to succumb to being damn difficult to build yourself one as a Project because you just can't get the Parts together...
Recently, I have been delighted to see that JBL C8R2235 Recones ARE once again available! A quick look on ebay tells me that the 10" frames aren't entirely gone with the dinosaurs, so making something up isn't so "out of reach" after all!

So as far as the 4343 is concerned, "Do we have a set of Working Drawings" to go off?
I see we had one new member build himself a nice set of '4343' speakers but I have no idea where he got all his measurements from? This Forum? I haven't been able to find a front baffle layout beside the one I drew up ages ago - which I don't even know is "truely" accurate to an original...?
I am convinced that using a Caberet Series 4628 box which holds my 2235 and a separate box (old stereo boxes with a new baffle) 11" wide on its side to hold the 10" and sitting on top of this a 2240 and 2405 side by side don't sound as good as they could if they were all in a proper Cabinet! I suppose I can get the basic size from the 4344 Design Cut download for my cabinets and just trust my own drawing to be "close enough" for the front baffle but I KNOW I won't be happy with it because I'll never know if it IS right?
ARE these designs worth saving and having proper Build Records of, or have people moved on and aren't fussed with the Blue Baffle Brigade anymore..?

I know I AM - even if I DO have to get someone else to build the boxes for me because I can't 'do' those things anymore. I 'would' like to see my parts and proper crossover in a box.. one day. (and NO, I don't feel better now..)

DogBox
[Steve G.]
[Yes, I know the 2240 isn't 4343 parts, but it DOES sound nice!]