Thread: My new 4333b - Low frequency questions

My new 4333b - Low frequency questions

I'm the new owner of some JBL 4333b (b/w version) with external crossover network inspired in the Nelson Pass Mod for the L300, all with internal new cables (Nordost) and Mundorf caps.

I always hear them biamped, but when I try to use it with one amp only (I have a Yamaha B2 and a McIntosh 2205) the high frequencies are so loud that I can barely hear the woofers! I remember hear the speakers with the original network, (they were from a friend) and toll him that the low frequencies were very low (so, same thing happens with both networks).

Anyone knows what could happen? The woofers seems to be ok when I biamping so I don't think that they broken or something. I want to have the choice to use it with one amp.

Thank and sorry for my English!

This speaker is supposed to have tweeter and midrange level controls incorporated in the model label. The aluminum label also known as the foilcal has indications on it for the different settings. It sounds like the person who modified these speakers knew how to spend money (Nordost and Mundorf) but perhaps didn’t know what they were doing.

If your speaker is setup properly you should be able to turn down the tweeter and midrange to blend them in with the woofer in either biamp or regular modes.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    This speaker is supposed to have tweeter and midrange level controls incorporated in the model label. The aluminum label also known as the foilcal has indications on it for the different settings. It sounds like the person who modified these speakers knew how to spend money (Nordost and Mundorf) but perhaps didn’t know what they were doing.

If your speaker is setup properly you should be able to turn down the tweeter and midrange to blend them in with the woofer in either biamp or regular modes.

Widget
    The external network bypass the L-pads

Well, there is your problem. Even in biamp mode, you need to be able to adjust the relative balance between the midrange driver and the tweeter. You will need to correct your modified speakers.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Well, there is your problem. Even in biamp mode, you need to be able to adjust the relative balance between the midrange driver and the tweeter. You will need to correct your modified speakers.

Widget
    Thanks Widget!
    Yesterday I spoke with the technician to add LPads to the new XO

Thread Information