Hello everyone. First post on a forum anywhere for myself here. After recently getting into 'hifi', I've finally found myself a little project.

I recently found a pair of 4311B's at Value Village for $19.99. That's right, and I actually had to think about it for a second. They are in great shape, other than some replacement tweeters (had a pair of Audax 24010 tastefully installed), and the woofers are somewhat brownish, but at least they don't smell like smoke.

I managed to find a pair of LE25-4 tweeters on CanuckAudioMart for $115 CDN shipped. I thought that would be the better option for a replica pair of LE25-2's that would cost me at least $250.

First thing I noticed was that one of the woofers (2213H) was rotated 90 degrees, assuming to get a more symmetrical look, so I popped that one open first. To my surprise, the GREEN/BLACK wire was connected to the RED terminal. I found a link somewhere to the technical manual, and it showed the GREEN/BLACK goes to the '-' terminal on the woofer, and I would assume that the Black terminal is '-'. So I thought they must have hooked it up wrong when they rotated the woofer.

I found and started reading a thread on here saying the many jbl's will have a driver out of phase. That thread had a ridiculous amount of info, but no real answers about how exactly different models should be hooked up. There was actually little talk about the 4311B for that matter also.

So I thought to myself, well maybe that was actually hooked up correctly, and the black terminal is actually '+' (or something like that).

BUT then I popped out the tweeter on the other one, and I saw that the GREEN/BLACK was hooked up to the BLACK terminal !!! So at this point, I'm a little confused.

Does anyone have photos of their hookups on a re-build, or can any nice 4311B owner crack one open to look? There doesn't seem to be any schematic available regarding this.

Looking forward to sorting this out. Thanks.