Thread: Magic of rubber :-)

Magic of rubber :-)

This is an interesting observation. I think we all were of the opinion that "HPL" was really a "H" without the rubber magnet protection. In reality the JBL rubber protector does have magical magnetic capabilities.

I have had a 2035HPL on the shelf for some time and wanted to find out what I can do with it. Turns out that I was lucky as the 2035H has an Fs=48Hz / VAS=140,5 but the 2035HPL has an Fs=43Hz and a VAS=6,8.

That should provide for good bass in a small cabinet. Maybe even bookshelf size. :-)

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Thiele%20Small%20Parameters/Theile%20Parameters.pdf

Kind regards
    //Rob
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

And so it was, that Hoffman and his iron law were defeated by that boingiest of materials, rubber. And yea the people rejoiced, for subwoofers now could be built without boxes like sealed midranges. And yet they were all of them deceived, for the newfound smallness allowed for young people to carry powerful and efficient subwoofers with them to wherever they went, and the world became an EDM and Soundcloud rap nightmare. Peace was nowhere to be found, as every civic with a spoiler could now generate 150dB at 40Hz.

All because JBL realized ceramic magnets are ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by sebackman View Post
    This is an interesting observation. I think we all were of the opinion that "HPL" was really a "H" without the rubber magnet protection. In reality the JBL rubber protector does have magical magnetic capabilities.

I have had a 2035HPL on the shelf for some time and wanted to find out what I can do with it. Turns out that I was lucky as the 2035H has an Fs=48Hz / VAS=140,5 but the 2035HPL has an Fs=43Hz and a VAS=6,8.

That should provide for good bass in a small cabinet. Maybe even bookshelf size. :-)

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Thiele%20Small%20Parameters/Theile%20Parameters.pdf

Kind regards
    //Rob

The days of big woofers is counted...
    Name:  95EFFCA3-65D4-4647-BFBB-D4D86BB6BCD5.jpeg
Views: 388
Size:  64.9 KB
    The solution to the problem changes the problem.
    -And always remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder

Thread Information