Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL 2490h The big guy Any know anything about this driver ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Oh, he’s not a new member. He just stepped away for a while like you and has joined us again.

Yes, it is very nice to be reminded of this project and seeing how the room has evolved.

What a beautiful solution. It even has a high WAF rating… at least in my house. Not that I would get away with a full bass horn , but still nice to see it.

Widget
    I would tell my wife it's a closet for her new clothes I'm buying her.....prob-lemo fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Oh, he’s not a new member. He just stepped away for a while like you and has joined us again.

Widget
    The thing is; time goes on ,passwords have to be more secure and email addresses change. These seem to be a fatal combination for Lansing Heritage Forums. I have been a supporter all these years but unable to log in under my old moniker. This is an incredible site with incredible info. Amongst the popcorn and "What is Best" bickering this site deserves to thrive.

In fact, without this site ,the system would have been impossible. It was here that I learned to substitute the JBL 2205 for K33 in Klipschorns and learned what a great driver that is, learned to substitute the 2404 for the dreadful T35 derivative tweeter in same and then learned there should be more than khorns. Initially it was going to be an all JBL horn system. Upper mids was going to be 2440, then here I learned that a 2450SL diaphragm on 2440 makes a killer combo. In fact it is still one of my favourites and now see use in another TAD based system. From Ian McKenzie I got the aquaplassed JBL 2435 that was in the system for a while but now serves as a lynchpin in another person's system.This was replaced by Gotos which in turn was replaced by TADs from Widget. Loving the 2205, basshorn was going to be around this but I soon realised chances of getting 10 of those are nil. Tod White and Steve Berger helped in choosing the 515 16G, that despite my misgivings about a too high Fs turned to be absolutely breathtaking.See it is not about how deep your bass is but how fast and clean your midbass is.

Despite all the changes, all the discarded JBLs still march on in my systems. That except for the 2435 wrenched from me in a tearful exchange.

Another big speaker....cool.
    If you are with a woman she must be the coolest one on the planet.
    Thanks for the pics....love it. More please.
    More horn pics would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by jblguy View Post
    Another big speaker....cool.
    If you are with a woman she must be the coolest one on the planet.
    Thanks for the pics....love it. More please.
    More horn pics would be great.
    I'm actually very proud of that project.I started as a throwaway where Ian Mckenzie's 2435 got swapped for a pair of Kinoshita type boxes. After seeing the massive care that went into the construction of the boxes the bass drivers became a TAD 1601A on the bottom and 1603 up top. Both getting identical signals but according to Scott Fitlin ,on this site,1601 is very sweet and 1603 punches like hell. He was right!. Treble is,again, Iwata with the JBL 2440 with 2450SL diaphragms( A favourite-did I mention it?)

They are big,very big

Crossovers were built by a friend

Unequalised.unfiltered response at the listening seat

Share 1 photo to:

Share Embed Email BBCode

I see you have a internal enclosure inspector. He's quite cute and I'm sure a wonderful pet. Does the boom boom scare him. I mean with your system he must be used to it.
    You have some cool stuff. We all need a warehouse.
    Wonderful pics. Thanks....more of that bigger setup would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JDZA View Post
    I'm actually very proud of that proje
    ....Crossovers were built by a friend........
    ....Unequalised.unfiltered response at the listening seat...
    Symmetrical beautiful concept and construction of filter X-over... a feast for the eyes.
    Nice frequency band display.... very pleasant (& good relax seat).
    Chapeau bas.
    (hoedje af)
    Karel

Thread Information