Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: is any difference between d2430k and d2430h?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    8

    is any difference between d2430k and d2430h?

    I have searched the web but canít find a difference between either driver other than impedance and price? Are they the same just wired series or parallel?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    8
    Is there a possibility no one knows? Or did ask a question to detailed to answer in view of Samsung jbl?

  3. #3
    Senior Member baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Haugesund, Norway
    Posts
    811
    Iím 99% sure they are the same

  4. #4
    Senior Member tjm001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Potomac Falls, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by citiscene View Post
    I have searched the web but canít find a difference between either driver other than impedance and price? Are they the same just wired series or parallel?
    You might get a better answer in the Technical Help forum.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    8

    is any difference between d2430k and d2430h?

    besides price and ohms is there any other difference ? i see one is wired in series and the other parallel thanks joey

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by tjm001 View Post
    You might get a better answer in the Technical Help forum.
    i figures they might be the same i will post in the technical forum thanks again joey

  7. #7
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    10,036
    I have zero experience with these drivers, but it appears the K version is used in the M2 and the H version is used in the PA systems. It is possible that there is the previously mentioned wiring change, but possibly the drivers intended for the M2 systems must pass additional QC and meet higher tolerances.

    Widget

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    brooklyn ny
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I have zero experience with these drivers, but it appears the K version is used in the M2 and the H version is used in the PA systems. It is possible that there is the previously mentioned wiring change, but possibly the drivers intended for the M2 systems must pass additional QC and meet higher tolerances.

    Widget
    widget thanks , i was able to find out there are 3 part numbers , one for m2( a regular k with additional quality control) , k and h with the last two are pa all 3 versions are 32 / 8 ohm respectively. i cant find a difference between the 2 pa versions other than ohms all 3 versions are 2 x 16 ohm coils
    i just ordered a few h to see how they work vs a 2453h-sl driver on the same waveguide.
    joey

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jakob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    290
    Hi Joey,
    Have you had the time to try them out yet?
    Im thinking of using one in a center channel build. The -H is about half the price of the -K at speaker exchange. Weird if its the same driver only with other wiring of the diaphragms...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Las Cruces, NM
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakob View Post
    Hi Joey,
    Have you had the time to try them out yet?
    Im thinking of using one in a center channel build. The -H is about half the price of the -K at speaker exchange. Weird if its the same driver only with other wiring of the diaphragms...
    And the two 16 Ohms are externally hooked up on the K's. Don't know about the H's. I have an old pair of K's sitting around. External spade lugs on both. Marked Front and Back driver, plus and minus. The ones I have were hooked up in series.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fix/recone D2430K
    By baldrick in forum Lansing Product Technical Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2018, 04:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •